Search Results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

• Lets try something new.Imagine you want to design and build a new city. A city for a few hundred thousand citizens.Political problems and money do not matter. The only important task is to build it in a working future proof way.Challenges and new technologies are welcome. Where would you build such a city?How would you start to design it?How would you solve economical and ecological problems?What would your city look like?Keep in mind the needs of the peaople. Discuss... and be creative.
  • Id be more interested in your thoughts about how such a city can/should work.
  • I like that so far... interesting thoughts.My ideas so far went more into the direction of technical applications and design... but not society and its problems. You have a very good point there.
  • funny thing is that lots of the mentioned stuff is covered by my own thoughts (I have written a huge wall of text that describe possibilities but i wanted to keep the discussion running)
  • didnt i say that costs play no role? so yes they paid
  • (Quote from Portalearth) well i tried to reply funnyi guess we both failed
  • wall of text: How to build a city? Well, I would start with the question where to build it.Personally I think that it is good to go new ways.We dont need to think about building a new city in Europe or any other region that already has a high population with already existing infrastructure.Even on ecological points of views I would accept the challenge and build in unusual places.Id choose a region in the west-sahara close to the Atlantic coast (a few km from the coastline).Why?Its a region wit…
  • To be honest i am not convinced that solar panels outside the city ever will be able to create enough energy. Especially the sand is a problem that could damage solar panels or reduce their effectivity. Nuclear power isnt by default insecure. There are definity secure ways to make use of it and like I descripted there are additional very useful applications for the byproducts. I also dont think that the Rocky Mountains are a good region to build such a ctiy for the fact that the terrain is not …
  • Even if I would leave Earth I always would consider it home.And when I return I want to find a cool place there. A swiming city would be nice but then you need to think about alot of new problems.Streams.... you dont want your city to float once around the globe.Location... you certainly dont want it to be in the way of whales which then have to swim a different path and die at a nearby coastline.how to build such a city and make it float at all... and survive storms etc. and who removes all th…
  • would you build it as floating island or more as an iceberg which mostly is underwater?
  • currently trying to think about how to balance the center of mass of such a large floating object.