Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 38.

• This wont be a traditional review about Star Wars The old Republic for the simple fact that I have just started to play it. After all this time I was curious what this game is like and my experience on MMOs was limited to the few years that I have played Star Trek Online. I think this is a good way to express my first opinions on the game and make updates to this review as soon I have more information and more experience with it. My experience with the game didn't start well.I created an accoun…
  • yes of course but since I dont know how to quick travel between regions i can only show a bit of coruscant there is also space combat but I am pretty bad at it.I first have to learn how its done
  • the T3-4M serverwhich is the name of a lovely droid in Kotor dunno if switching server is possible
  • its generally interesting how much KOTOR stuff is in the gameI stumbled over many references and also some characters in this short time.
  • Classes: The game has two factions, the Republic and the Sith Empire. Each faction has four main classes, which have 2 sub-classes. So effectively the game has 8 classes and thus 8 ways to play the game. The classes on Republic and Empire have different names and different appearances but are mirrored so no faction has has an advantage. All the 8 classes seem to come with about 60 hours story content which is alot for a MMO.In the end you have almost 500 hours story content just from the class …
  • I most likely wont use this token
  • Next part of my ongoing review. My Jedi Shadow Consular meanwhile has reached level 48 and I got my first million credits. So far Ive spent most time with following the class specific story on Tythion, Coruscant, Taris and Nar Shaddaa. Most certain I would have made faster progress if I focused more on the main story but while I was on these planets I decided to explore every tiny bit of them and also accepted every side mission that was available. I suppose that the offered "+2 Heroic" misions…
  • junk isnt the problem.... white/grey quality items by default get sold by my crewI just need to figure out what to do with the restand i am not going to use cartel coins until I really know what i need later the skill tree is a bit unusual since there is not just one tree but three specializationsi havent figured out what I wantso far the skills I have seen are relative underwhelmingthis game has a very large amount of different attack options but (so far) not many buffs/debuffIve so far counte…
  • I know about the passives eventhough im concinved that not all skill tree abilities are passives.And I also know how to use and combine them... actually im pretty good at such stuff since its not different than in STO. But the amount of different attacks is what bothers me. Most of them are impracticable, especially if you are tanking.Buffs and debuffs would fit alot better than attack abilities that I will never use (and I mean never). However, i stumbled over something odd.Orange/gold items a…
  • After meanwhile 2 weeks in this game Ive reached lvl 58.Surprisingly I am still in chapter 1 of the class specific storyline.Each class has 3 chapters + a prologue. Then further story chapters which are shared between the classes can be played.Overall Ive to say that this game has alot of content. I only visited a fraction of the available worlds... actually only the worlds that I was sent to during the story. I did the planets main story there, the side quests and the class specific story chai…
  • yes, gameplay is a bit different but you can find many similarities to kotor in ite.g. the differnt fighting styles.. also many of the abilities that were known in kotor... and of course all the places and characters gameplay wise I had to adaptI wasnt used to this kind of ability management with so many different attack abilitiesIve spent some good time to figure out what I want, what I need and how to make use of it without clicking around.Now I have a new UI layout which puts alot of info in…
  • Another week, another part of the review. Meanwhile I have reached level 70 and got into chapter 2 of the storyline. There are if I remember correctly 16 story chapters so far... so... yeah... I made a huge progress . Ive visited multiple planets since the last post. Alderaan, Quesch, Balmorra and now I am freezing on Hoth.At the end of chapter 1 I managed to beat the first strong Sith Lord and rescue hundreds of other Jedi from his control. The Jedi counsil decided that the special achievement…
  • Yes, found the server tranfer a few weeks ago. Ive to say that you get alot for a subscription.Access to endgame stuff only works with subscription. but you also get alot for free to play I am in the game for meanwhile 4 weeks. I am in the middle of chapter 3 and I play practically every day.Ok... I do not exclusively focus on playing the class specific main story.When I am on a planet I play all of the main story, the planet specific storyline, all side quests that I can find, the heroic missi…
  • Another week, another part of this.... lets call it "live review". I meanwhile made progress with the storyline (which is great).Chapter 3 is done and now I am member of the Jedi counsil. The open war between the republic and the sith empire is over but trouble does not wait. New sith lords emerged and old ones used the insecure situation to gain more power. After chapter 3 I actually was a bit lost since there is no explizit path to follow.There are multiple options to access other chapters an…
  • The last week I tried to focus on events and reputation stuff. I got the max out of the bounty hunt event, which actually isnt hard at all.The weekly reputation cap and the fact that you can do only one bounty mission per day + a weekly one limits this event pretty much. But I am not in a hurry. In one week the Gree event will start and I have prepared my chars to get the max out of it already since I want a specific reputation item asap.I have to push a bit to get that done while the event is …
  • No, only the setting you do on the launcher matters.If you set it to english you can play in english.However, you probably should first test if a server switch is even an option.If your ping is too high you shouldnt waste any coins.
  • Past week in SWTOR. Schizophrenic Revan has died. SOOO SAD! I made myself through the story up to the point where the Knights of the Fallen Empire starts and the more progress I make the more I get confused about the game.So far I have refused to start this expansion because I got a warning that I can no longer play some of the other content after starting the expansion.While reading on the net I figured out that I might lose access to places, quests and even companions (which can return later)…
  • I asked on reddit and was told that companions indeed are not available anymore unless you use a console to bring them back but that would probably mess up the experience. the way i understood it in the first expansion you can get all companions back via natural way (find them somewhere during the storyline).during the end expansion you only find a few of them because the storyline isnt finished yet. however... i just might playing other class stories first.Atm there is the gree event running a…
  • Past week there was the Gree event in SWTOR (which repeats every few weeks).I personally liked the event alot eventhough it was stress pure and filled with some not so good moments. The Gree event takes place on Ilum where the Grey Secant (a Gree Science vessel) landed and investigates how 2-legged beings do combat.It has some PVE and PVP components.The PVE ones are in my eyes very well done and got me alot more into interacting with other players since the most important daily mission is desig…
  • Another week in SWTOR and I finally finished the class story of my 2nd char.This time I played as Jedi Knight and the story and style is significantly different from the Jedi Consular.I believe that the Consular story is a bit based on the events of the Knight storyline.Well, I guess Ill see that for sure when I try a Smuggler char.Cool is that every finished class story unlocks a special ability with really large power output. I meanwhile have 2 of these abilities availble which helps greatly …