Search Results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

• I had the chance to watch the latest Scifi movies and well... time for a short review.If you didnt watch them yet.... close this thread... yes... there are going to be spoilers. Lets start with Independence Day 2.Its bigger... with more effects and more... well... ahh... its recycled bullshit.I really loved Independence Day when it came into the cinemas in 1996 but 20 years later the only thing they managed to do is to recycle an old movie.The aliens are back... with bigger ship and bigger guns…
  • Star Trek Beyond Ok... thats going to be difficult.Many people consider this movie a step into the right direction... others simply consider it the worst of the new star trek movies. To a degree this 3rd movie in the alternative Star Trek universe (-> the Kelvin Timeline) goes back to the roots when it comes to showing the different characters and their problems.Personal problems of the crew... especially with their 5 year mission very early in the movie were shown. Also hard personal decisions…
  • Oh... one more thing about independence 2 day. London got destroyed in this movie.... thats a bit surprising for me, because it already was destroyed in the original movie from 1996.Of course cities can be rebuild.... thats possible but not in exactly the same way with its famour landmarks and just in 20 years. You know, rebuilding the tower bridge is not as easy as building a new shopping mall or a new skyscaper. It takes time... alot of time.... more than 20 years.... if that would be even yo…
  • hmmmcould be that it might sound like thatI guess I just dont get along well logical mistakes in a story (no matter in which movie) time travel and alternate timelines are a creative way to tell interesting stories... but if done wrong it can mess up everything. Like i said... a good movie for people which dont want to think about story
  • interesting and probably controveral might be that characters are portrayed a bit different from the prime timeline (or it never was matter of topic in the prime timeline).Not only the relationship between Uhura and Spock played a big role again but also for the first time a crew member was portrayed as a gay character. Sulu met his family, his man and his daughter. I think that brief scene is very good for the franchise as it displays a great and normal level of tolerance in the society of the…
  • (Quote from Huor) When speaking of the mothership landing... that ship was big, damn big. If something that big would fly into the earths atmosphere all the air displacement must be gigantic. Result must have been a shockwave that easly could have destroyed EVERYTHING on the planets surface. That of course if that ship wouldnt break apart. Driling to the core probably was done to get access to the liquid metal. That btw. isnt the worst explanation why the aliens were interested in Earth but not…