Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 36.

• As already announced a few months ago I am aiming to get a new development project up and running.FL is pretty old and it makes not much sense developing something new for it. That of course does not mean that Crossfire wont get further updates, fixes and most likely new content. But the focus will drift away to a new project which I consider a serious challenge since Ive never really tried what I want to do now.Developing a space sim/shooter from the scratch.Well, thats actually not true becau…
  • storyline is not even matter of topicstory scripting is hard to do... it already is in FL... and probably will be harder in other game enginespriority would have a sandbox environment (OpenSP) and even then its alot of hard workpeople which want to help can of course contact me via PMbut you guys will have to go through the same learning process like I doprobably people which have coding experience have an advantage since most of the coding stuff is done either in c# in javascript
  • in theory it should be possible to have a fallback to older shader models but actually i think it will just run fine with every dx10 or dx11 graphic card
  • no, not reallythe biggest performance killer for the cpu probably is going to be the intro videoand ram also shouldnt be a big problem if we do clean work and destroy game objects that are not used.the so far existing scenes (4 scenes) consume ~1% cpu performance and less than 100mb rameventhough these scenes are relative small and dont contain any complicated scripts yet I realy dont see a reason to expect an exploding resource demand
  • The link in the first post got updated with the latest changes. UI structure got an overhaul so it really can be applied to any scene available with only doing a minimal amount of settings In-game menu (open with "ESC") got recreated security triggers added to prevent that the In-game menu can be closed while other overlaying menus (such as options) are open Resume Game button or alternatively another hit on "ESC" to continue the game (if no other UI windows are open) Pause function added to op…
  • yeah, that would be cool coz coding wise I suckeither that or I need more than one week to learn the language. dunno what your dev environment looks like... for me unity installed visual studio 2015when I create scripts they get opened in the studio and when I save them unity loads them directly into the project
  • New updated version is online.Link in the first post. Changes: Dust Particle System added to the space scene Auto typing scene description text added (e.g. "Planet Manhattan, New York System") Load Game and Save Game functions partly rewritten for better compatibility with current code standards Credits Menu added to the Main Menu (including masked scroll animation) Game Option Menu completely rebuild and restructured new Audio Mixer created all existing AudioSources categorized by Output fully…
  • at first id try to get basic stuff donecreating dynamic stuff is really hard to do and i dont have the slightest idea yet how to do such stuff what I clearly wont create is a dynamic star systems because that is absolutely incompatible with tradelanes and the positioning of other solar objects such as gates or stations.
  • Next update is online (link again in the first post of this thread): Options Menu prepared to include other option categories Load Game function improved Light control script added several minor improvements done to the Ingame Menu Freeport 1 added to the Main Menu Manhattan Cityscape added
  • science meets fiction I can clearly see your point and for me creating something completely new also is something pretty interesting.Afterall I could develop something without any stylistic limitations and eventually could even turn it into a commercial project IF we get that far.I would not need to care about any copyrights, I would not need to care about Microsoft, etc. And that leads me to a big "BUT"... "IF we get that far" is a condition that is questionable when we have to create hundreds…
  • the developer of Starlancer: Sol War was meIve dropped this project long ago in order to focus on CF
  • yeah but they didnt want to work on the projectthey just wanted to make money with itand not even in a clever way... they should have known that starlancer is copyrighted
  • update today: Support for animated textures addedBanner rotation added to Manhattan
  • whats the benefit of having an own game if that never gets finished?
  • i think there is alot more required than just a coder
  • if so... where were these people when I created CF? there are only very few ppl that were able and willing to help in the past
  • elite or starcitizen had 0 influence on CF or the participation in community projects the participation always was lowand even if take all FL modders in all active FL community it wouldnt be enough to build a custom game (putting aside that you never get these people to work together)
  • todays updates: UI Icon Set created Navigation + Weapon Panel Animations completed Landing Pad Hardpoint + Effect created Spotlights on Manhattan Cityscape animated (same method can be used to open and close docking bays on stations) Manhattan Bar addedthree camera modes added for testing purpose further structural changes
  • Todays update (demo link as usual in the first post of this thread): re-enabled mouse cursor on 1st person cam of the manhattan bar as soon the game menu is opened Changes to the New York System: Freeport 1 added (for testing purposes) Player ship (eagle) added basic flight controls added thruster effects added headlight added (can be tested on the Freeport 1 station) 4 types of weapons added (laser, kinetic cannon, 2 types of missles) damage recognition added missile controls added switch betw…
  • Yes, the flight control script requires changes.limiting the rolladding strafingand reverse y-axis for mouse control so far i rely on a script that I have downloadeddunno how hard it will be to rewrite it