Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

• Today we write the 17th June 2013. Two months till the old CF server will shut down.As already announced ill let the current hosting contract run out and decide which way we will go in August. There is clearly the option to host a new server by then and I meanwhile got hands on a single core performance comparison between the old hardware and a possible new rig. Single core because FL is an old game which can only run on one core so renting an hexa core ... octa core server... etc. makes no sen…
  • Ok - lets start with the ships We have so far introduced one new pilotable ship - thats it.Ok - topic done.No, really... when we started the work on the new version we clearly did not want to introduce a large number of new ships. CF have plenty of ships in CF and as far i can remember you can only fly one at a moment.We have 150-200 ships already in CF... I think that is more than enough.However, we have selected +50 ships which get an overhaul. Many ships in CF are not used because they dont …
  • Also the topic "systems" stands under the topic "less is more". Vanilla FL had... dunno... 46 systems and with CF1.9 we have additionally to the vanilla systems 99 new systems (no... I didnt want to make it 100 ).Now we are facing 2 point of views.1. The players which like to explore a growing amount of systems.2. The players which want to do RP on the server. Thats a conflict because the more systems we add to the mod the harder it will be to create conditions where players meet and do Rolepla…
  • With CF2.0 we will introduce a complete graphic overhaul. Over the past few crossfire versions we introduced many graphical improvements pushing the look of the game to the limits and beyond.Most of the stuff we did in the past CF versions has been re-done.These days everybody can go moddb and download a HD texture pack for FL and many other mods make use of those textures meanwhile. The look of these textures is relative good and in some cases is close to the stuff we introduced 2 years ago wi…
  • While we are on the launcher topic Id also like to loose a few words about the new CF launcher. The first thing you will notice when you launch the Freelancer.exe is that the launcher takes some time to load (in my case 5-10 seconds).Well, yeah... that happens when you put too much functionality into one tool (you are free to blame me). However... the launcher pretty much does what the old launcher did... it updates your game.It is somewhat more flexible and hopefully more reliable than the old…
  • Before i come to the point "singleplayer storyline" i stick a bit with "options". We overhauled a bit the FL ingame options giving it a better structure and adding a bunch of new options. You will get alot more control over graphics, sound and general options up to the point that you can set the singleplayer difficulty scale manually without editing files.You will have alot more control over the settings and also got some new features. Based on adoxas work you can hail other ships by just press…
  • And now its time for the storyline.Actually i dont want to spoil it... so i keep it short. For the story chapters 1-9 (thats the storyline till CF1.9) I created 20 additional singleplayer missions.CF2.0 which introduces the 10th and final story chapter requires me to write 10 new missions plus one ending mission which serves as anchor.10 story missions is alot of content and alot of work which i have to do in the next few weeks. The 11th mission serves just to let the storyline end in an approp…
  • Time for the Multiplayer part.I hate this topic. The multiplayer features highly depend on the CFhook development and i can not take that much influence here.I had a wishlist of features and know that huor was working alot on it but in the end I will be able to see how everything turns out once we start more online tests.To be honest ive no real idea how far the development is. What I know is that Huor did some fixes and performance improvements to the server software.Also adjustments to the an…
  • *phew*almost through it... When i started playing FL a decade ago one of the most important features that the vanilla FL had to offer was fighting NPCs and playing missions. Trading did not play such a major role.You got good guns from the nomads and with those you did missions to get enough money to buy all other equipment.The missions have become less important these days... if people want money they trade... get a train any make even more money. I think its time to give missions a chance aga…
  • nope... not through it Mentionable is also the work that was done to get hold of the details.5 years ago it was enough to create a system, a planet and a few stations to please the players and ensure a full server. Today you get tarred and feathered for every small issue, every tiny bug and every spelling mistake.Good that we have a ticketsystem where many issues were reported and finally fixed. Even better if you have somebody like gearhead who invested alot of time trying to actively find err…