Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 30.

• Observation

ive just installed a first part of the new lag reduction kit that i want to introduce with CF1.8i also did some other changes on the server to raise the stability now the question is if the server runs more stable than before and with less lagso far it looks but only long time observation will show proper resultsid like to get an info about every servercrash from now on oh and ignore the fact that NPC dont cause any damage with gunfire (with the current files its normal)
  • Observation

sounds weird but it shows me that im on the right way... the next update has been released 2mins ago
  • Observation

ok looks like everything is running stableno crash in the past 17 hours and some less lag
  • Observation

• Observation

i hope you wash your hands before using the keyboard and spreading stuff with it then no honestly... considering that you are all system spammers its no wonder that the server crashes when you type or that you type when the server crashesyou type all the time
  • Observation

looking at the logs the server is running much more stable than beforeno probs for alot of hours the trains have an unlimited powergenif you replace it by another one of course you will get in troublesthere is nothing i can do about that
  • Observation

she is rightbribes are only shown if you are hostileif its not shown you must be friendly to themand the replist only gets entries if you have their ships or bases on ur screen
  • Observation

cant see any probs with the server since the changes that ive done cant cause this behavior
  • Observation

yeah npthat were just the first 2 updates2-3 others will follow the tests on the 3rd part show that (assuming that those files are activly loaded by FLserver - and thats pretty much possible) a very large part of the data in memory of the server can be reduced to about 5% of the normal sizeand that means if FLserver would really load those files (for some reason i hope so) we would get a very large performance boost and the CF server wouldnt need more capacities than an ordinary vanilla server.…
  • Observation

the code for missiles is 100% cleanthere is nothing that can be fixed there oh and no1 was going to ignore you... we were just assuming that you have ur usual chat lag so we were going to reply a few days later
  • Observation

yeah - looks like there is another prob with them... the ship models seem to be fine then i need to do some more tests on this btw. the server is back on normal processing and i enabled dll unloading this morningmaybe that will help to get rid of the memory leak and i did tests with flhook and you were right - it really causes a high amount of memory loadi was thinking about a solution of this problem and came up with the idea to change the server to an opteron 175 (for the same prize)that one …
  • Observation

well that means the new server wont help much with that issue hmmmbut im still interested in thatmaybe the hardware experts can help out here a bit since im only good informed about those things when i buy a new PC currently the server runs on an opteron 148 2gb ramoptional to this there would be a opteron 175 available with a bit more hdd space and 4gb ram the 148 is a single core cputhe 175 is a dual core cpuboth run with 2.2gh which is ok - not good but ok assuming we would change the server…
  • Observation

well currently im running flhook 1.4.2 on the server for testing purposesit will take some time with more players online to see real results
  • Observation

ok the flhook1.4.2 really seems to work better i started and unloaded it again several times without that there was a big change to the serverload
  • Observation

thx - ill try to work a bit on the server meanwhilemaybe i can reduce the cpu load a bit
  • Observation

ok i think we can test it pretty good here since we have enough ppl online to notice significant changes in the serverload maybe the reduction of those arrays will also raise the performanceare there currently many different timers in the source?
  • Observation

again haegar worked his magic powers and got us a new flhook that is working better and has more features than beforethe flhook memory leak is history thx to w0dk4 and haegar and the server is running with a very good performance now (running the beta version of the new flhook)the new (full) version will be online somewhen this afternoon i also did some magical work and the general FL memory leak has been fixed aswell yeah haegar and me are both mighty magicians and together we are known as sie…
  • Observation

yes it can be fixed that waybut i wont filter out that stuff now coz that takes more time than fixing it on the fly
  • Observation

btw. Blaster is doing the same error fixing atm with BU and after that massive content will be added to push BU and if you think 30.000 errors are much... i scanned other mods to see if its good or bad and they all had much more errors (pure interest ^^)smaller mods of the size of BU had something between 15.000 and 40.000 errorsbig mods of the size of CF (yes there are some of that size) had up to 100.000 reported errorsso there is nothing to worry about
  • Observation

those two lines just had a small prob... they did run out of cloaking fuel and didnt notice it it will be fixed this afternoon the lag you experience isnt neccessarily because of serverlagit also could have been a bad connection at that time ... high ping... or a loss