Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 40.

• Hello everyone, After a few years without playing, I decided to buy Freelancer again (Trashed the disk playing) when I stumbled on Crossfire.I'm having a LOT of troubles to get it running properly even if I follow (To the letter, multiple times.) most of the advices I read here. To sum it up (Apologies for my probable mistakes, as english is not my native language), I encounter the same problems as this player and this onePlus blurry skybox (I don't remember it to be THIS ugly when I played yea…
  • Tried every "in-game" resolution from 800*600 to 1280*960 and 1920*1080 (Experienced horrible, horrible skybox and misplaced HUD)
  • (Quote from [SOC]Lonewolf)No problem =) Sorry if I was unclear. As linked in my first message, I end up with my game looking like this (borrow some of the screens from the messages) : missing clothing textures.JPGmissing textures.JPGscreen1ji.jpgblurryskybox.pngcrappyspace.pngwhitesplosions.png Even with everything I tried (listed in the first post too), I can't get it to work properly. (Quote from Zhe Boss)In my first message I wrote that I already tried this (Both D:\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer…
  • Here's my GPU - Zgpuz.gif using "0x1180 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680"" (also tried with "0x1180 = "GeForce GTX 680"") (Quote from Zhe Boss)I don't, but I can add you on Skype for faster communication if you are okay with it
  • (Quote from Wаnderer)Hello, I made sure they are (That's what I meant by "Performances bar tests") and I have no integrated GPU on my CPU so that is very wierd (Quote from SilverFox)Sadly, this is already how my PerfOptions end. (Quote from Michael)You are right, I completely forgot to redo the modifications after a few reinstallations so I'll do it now ! Thank you =) But I'm not entirely sure it will fix white textures and squared particles, I'll let you know.Oh by the way, I think it should b…
  • I'm back, took me a while (Work + Reinstallation) sorry. I tried everything you wrote (Shutted down Antivirus, Firewall, UAC is off since the begining, removed read-only, executed everything as admin, unblocked CF installer, -dx shorcut etc etc etc). I had some "results" : When I started the game, in the general pannel I could pick 1920*1080 (That's new, I had to use the .ini to do it before), still it is stuck with color/depth at 16 in the .iniNow using the red-blue interface (Looking much bet…
  • Thank you for your reply SilverFox DXDiag reports no error, no Steroscopy activated, Panel is set on "Let the application handle..." (No edited profile for Freelancer either), tried with and without the compatibility options, GPU line added between/before/after (Not at the same time of course) TNT cards. I am running a CHKDSK and about Msconfig, it might be a clue to follow, thanks to you, as it is on "Selective Startup" with "Load system services" ticked, "Load startup items" hafl-ticked (Blue…
  • (Quote from Michael)Yup, deleted and used CCLeaner each time. (Quote from Huor)I tried, the game just look a bit brighter The CHKDSK returned no errors, rebooted with "normal" configuration, still getting low-res game with texture issues... I'm going to redo everything once for the sake of it and, if nothing is better, I think I'm going to try mystical stuff, like voodoo and goat sacrifices. This is getting ridiculous, still want to play though... Call me stubborn.
  • (Quote from SilverFox)No, I had to sell all of my old computer to pay a part of this one and I don't have another one around. No OC whatsoever, my power supply would be too short. (Quote from Michael)I thought of that and downloaded it three times now. First one was not complete (Got an error message), second and third time went fine I guess. I could find any CRC32 check around the forum so all I got is the Size/Size on disk (In octets, don't know if they are the same on an english computer but…
  • (Quote from SilverFox)Okay THAT was a pain, frigging cables. GPUZ show the same (the @x16 1.1 showed because I didn't run the Render Test before the screen, it is actually 2.0) and the game is still glitchy. Something is bother me : 800x600x32 or 1024x768x32 instead of 800x600x16 or 1024x768x16. Is it supposed to be written like this in the options ? And if it does, is there any reason for it to not appear on my game ? EDIT :Another thing I can compare is the size and number of files/folders of…
  • I really did yeah, that's a real shame... I'm not sure DX is at cause here, the vanilla game (Except for the eternal bad space textures and the screen res I can't change from inside the game) runs well without artefacts, white textures or such. Don't know if CF textures are working differently from vanilla ones. I'll try to find a way to force DX9 (The last time I played was when Vista came out and DX10 card and now i'm with Seven and DX11 card, worth a shot) but it looks like it is not possibl…
  • I understand yeah... I redo EVERTHING following the FAQ and advices here, still not working. I'm done with it, I give up. It will never run as it should whatever I do. Thanks anyway, it was nice of you to try to help me. I'll stick around a bit if someone have a new idea from nowhere =/
  • I'm not too fond of Teamviewer and such, my upload speed is REALLY poor so even at work, I can't decently connect and do remote things on my computer. Things are a bit better if I only Screenshare on Skype, if anyone want to take a look... My Windows resolution, as expected, is 1920*1080 @ 32bits true colors. I am downloading another mod to see if it goes better, if not, that would narrow down the problem to Freelancer not running full capacity. I suppose I can't force it to do that editing som…
  • I'm back ! I tried with Genesis 1.1 (The one with the most of graphical changes with the less Mb to download I could find quicly) over a new installation (I swear, I can install it in my sleep now ) and here are the results :screen2.pngscreen3.pngscreen4.pngscreen5.pngscreen6.png So yeah, the game looks way better, no square explosions (Without the introduction movie I couldn't screen it but it is working fine) BUT :screen0-1.jpg After a quick research, it should look like this : pachyderm_clan…
  • I was just saying "some" because I do have troubles with Genesis too (The ship with the VERY LOW resolution texture) but not the custom texture of Trent. It would be (is ?) very strange that only parts of the mods are not working (And always the same each time I reinstall everything). I'm going to try to install FL + mods on another disk to see if it changes something EDIT : Nope... Come on game, why won't you work ! I don't get it. I checked installer programs, nothing interact with my graphic…
  • (Quote from Priest)Hi there,Maybe yeah, I have the "same" card as this person : index.php?page=Thread&threadID=25153 and he has pretty much the same troubles. Sadly he never replied to tell if he fixed it or if he gave up... As much I like Freelancer and I want to play it again on a nice multiplayer mod, I won't buy an older card and rebuild my computer just for it. Maybe I'll try to format and reinstall Windows but with all the stuff I use for my work (Half of the Adobe suite filled with plugi…
  • Could be that too, but only with Freelancer then. Games like Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, Dishonored and such are working with maximised details. Is it possible for me to test this issue in any way ? Special benchmark or something ?
  • No Onboard, no old card and, sadly, XP compatibilty doesn't change anything... I keep running DXDiags, various tests, looking logs and such but I have no idea how to fix this kind of thing
  • (Quote from SilverFox)I already did it twice with stable and beta drivers, using the clean install option. I guess I won't play Freelancer again... GPUZ render test didn't show any graphical glitches =/
  • Hello and thanks for trying to help but if you read the rest, you can see that it has already been posted and argumented