Search Results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

• Thanks to OP & Hagar for all their work! You guys are the best BTW: "drag & drop" installation of the update has its own problems, due to icon size in the explorer window. Better to use copy & paste, for precise file placement...
  • Grrr...! I apparently muffed the drag & drop of the file paste (the reason I edited my last post). I get the launcher to work ok, but find no server IP once I get to the MP window... I pasted the files to their correct location again, even tried the 1.7a patch & FLDirect IP utility to the same result. Unless I hear of a better idea, now I'll have to re-install FL for the first time in many, many months [7]
  • (Quote)Does this mean that we will not need the CF 1.7e patch anymore? (I'm having to clean out my FL folders for a complete replacement, since even vanilla FL will no longer launch correctly, and FLMM is completely ineffective ATM... )
  • Alas, I am doing a complete re-install, myself ATM. Hopefully, I'll be back online Saturday... :-/
  • Sadly, I now realize I'm really a computer noob, since I have not been able to get CF running again. I never had any trouble before with installing the mod, but it now appears that the installation procedure really bypasses FLMM, and the file structure I get now is quite different from previous versions. I DL'ed the currently posted mod version, and still no joy; maybe I better wait for CF 1.8...
  • Well, I finally got CF working again, but it does indeed have a somewhat different file structure than before. What is confusing to me is that some of my clanmates are still unsing the "old" method, installing FL first, then FLMM, then CF, and it works for them. This time I did follow the CF Guide sequence of FLMM first, then CF, then FL. The launcher behavior is quite different than before, but happily, it is also faster. And yes, I am using the CF 1.7a patch... ^_o
  • (Quote)As I recall, for quite some time, my FL folder had a subfolder called ""EXE2", with another set of files like those in the other EXE folder. FLMM was in the first EXE folder, and I think the CF files were in the EXE2 folder. This might explain why it usually took at least 5 minutes for CF to launch from the launcher window, and nearly as long to shut down. Now, I have only 1 EXE folder under FL, and have a launcher sequence the same as Magnet just described, and it takes less than a minu…
  • Well, when I was following the "old" procedure, the CF self-intaller was creating a structure more like: Freelancer/exe/1033/FLMM/Crossfire1.70 + Mods (2 subfolders on this level), and only part of the CF files would actually come under the FLMM/Mods folder when I tried to "open a mods folder" from FLMM... It seemed that I got a different result every time I tried to do it differently, so I gave up and followed the CF Guide instructions Seems the Universal Improbability Drive works after all...…