Search Results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

• If you were new to the X series where would you start?Sorry …… the beginning of course .….… but where is the best beginning to cover it all?[I'm am a very patient player, don't mind the hard slog to cover all the detail.]Primary category of interest: exploration, and recording my findings through System and a Universal mapping.[In fact combat is of no interest to me at all and hopefully to be avoided.]Thank you.
  • (Quote from SWAT_OP-R8R)Oh. However, I'm not put off totally, Watching the X4 videos above, certainly makes one enthuse about the graphics.
  • Thanks BlakeGreat just what I needed.As background, I am total neutral when it comes to CF2.0. This comes after completing all the campaigns andwishing to just become an SP “friend's with everybody, enemy to non” explorer and record my findings. This was achieved, with the help others, by tweekingmy CF2.0 game. This all done without the use of God mode.Subsequently, I've visited every System, and with the help of Martind Forlon, mapped every System. Martind waswriting the fantastic System descri…
  • Of course there's always ED …….. Elite Dangerous.In fact I have it …… thanks to Martind Forlon's advice (and I bet that's where he is now, lol) …… and its great …… but its not easy to learn. Yes I can land and take-off from space stations but it took so bloody long for me to learn how! Not like good old FL and CF2.0: half an hour you'd learnt everything: take-off landing, combat, communicating, purchasing, trading ……. everything! Well ……. maybe not everything, but it was/is so bloody easy!ED is …
  • Got some serious thinking to do.Been checking out other FL Mods over at Blake's Sanctum. The only SP mod appears to be FL Shadow of Fear. Sorry, don't mean to be disloyal to OP and Crossfire …… nothing will beat CF. FL Discovery looks to be Multiplay only ……..Alternatively its to go back and work on Elite Dangerous …..or download X3-TC …….or expand my space knowledge through Space Engine which I have …….Decisions, decisions …….
  • Well …………. its Elite Dangerous (ED).Why?I have already have it, I've played it for 744 hours already; I can take off and land (although totally forgotten how to ……. and forgotten everything else …. ); its got all I need and more; I have, or had a good friend to help me (sorry Martind, I might be bothering you again ); It has a huge Universe and thousands of Systems to visit; it was recommended to me by somebody who understands my playing needs and has plays it himself (or did) after being, and s…
  • (Quote from Blake00)Thanks Blake. Very poor connection here at the moment. Will read outside daylight hours and get back to you.
  • (Quote from wombat1940)…… that's better.Quote:" …... So if Wombat wants to play a sandbox exploring and trading game …….. "Sorry...… what is a sandbox game ? Quote:" ……. without fighting anyone he could do it just fine in them. He's talked about doing that in FL and FL is exactly the same ….. "Just to be fair, I did play the campaigns in both FL and CF2.0 and really enjoyed them. But it was the opportunity (for me) to become totally neutral by completing the campaigns that appealed to me. If I h…