Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

• another concept that wont be realized anytime soon but is doable the idea behind this is to run a mod like crossfire on 2 or more servers-> sirius on server 1-> altair/inner core on server 2 basically if you go through the rift your chars will be saved and moved to server 2... then you simply log off and go to server 2 where your chars will be waiting for you (of course you wont be able to use the chars on server 1 then) advantage: no need to use altair systems on server 1 -> less lag in sirius…
  • the splitting is less than if you play different mods coz its one community that is connected and it has nothing to do with 2 IDs... you play with the same id on both servers... you are limited to 5 chars in this network - you are forced to jump from one server to another to get the different equipment and the way i see it the only reason why we dont have much more players on CF is the lag which is because of too many stuff that this single server needs to handle 2 servers could mean 2 times mo…
  • yes it would mean to have different maps aswell
  • there are many limitations of the FL server structure which makes it complicated... and to make it working is a real pain due to the fact that many small problems like the security of the chars have to be guaranteed also there is the question how to prevent the use of one char on both servers at the same time or the use of an old version of the char instead of the newbut as usual i wouldnt have even suggested such a concept if i wouldnt at least have an idea how it can be done to get a 2nd serv…
  • (Quote) look the server problem is solved already
  • 5 chars is the max - everything else will lead to conflicts between the servers the loss of communication is not a bad thing... i doubt that communication is possible on such high distances (between sectors) is possible anyways