Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

• Hello, Someone in multiplayer informed me that DaD hasn't been around in "ages." (Their expression.) Does that make Neophobos sort of a dormant/closed system? I saw in their rules that nobody was allowed in without asking, regardless of clan affiliation. I was hoping for the opportunity to ask permission to buy a ship there. Seems sort of a shame that all the ships there are effectively off-limits. That Gunstar is a smart-looking piece of flying equipment.
  • <I>They seem inactive though; if you were to sneak in I suppose DaD would never figure out.</I> Man, that is tempting. Who dares go into the Neophobos system...the shiny, golden, sparkly Neophobos system...the jolly, colorful, candy-like Neophobos system. But this raises a question: how long can you lease a system <i>in absentia</i> ? There are many active clans and active players out there that would love a piece of real-estate; and yet there's not that much prized real-estate to go around.
  • <i>If a clan wants some "real-estate" they buy it </i> Yes, but more than a third of the X-3043-accessible systems are already taken, and each of these systems has restrictions against entry, to one degree or another. That is their right: I am not disputing that; but read to the end and perhaps you'll understand my main point. Neophobos seems, to me, not a bad little system; and as I mentioned I really like the Gunstar. Baene wants people to fly his ships, I would venture to guess; the Gunstar'…
  • Yes, you're right of course; I was just editing my statement regarding that, even as you must have been typing yours in.
  • What's the going rate on a system, by the way? Or is that a private matter taken on a clan-by-clan basis?
  • <i> Neophobos is a free system until we hear something different </i> Thanks, admin! BTW I recently bought a new VHF in a different open system. The darned thing is a VHF but it handles like a Starflier. I almost feel guilty about flying it. If I had read the admin's post first I prob'ly would have went and bought the Gunstar. Now, though, I am in no hurry to get rid of the more agile ship I currently own, even though I maintain that the Gunstar is a fine ship and one of the best-looking user c…