Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

• jtak gave a very interesting website and u probably will find some software that allows u to recover the password anyways, if everything fails, and before formatting, try this:just boot from a XP disk. the second time it asks about repairing system press R. the repairing proccess will start. the screens u can see are quite similar to those in the windows install proccess, but unlikely to there, all the info and config of ur comp will remain usable (including installed software and drivers). at …
  • (Quote)its part of my job to do that stuff and i repair 2 or 3 systems each week and definitevely it works... sometimes... the repair proccess is in fact a reinstall process in wich part of the registry (including the part regarding the installed software) is not deleted.its specially useful when the mainboard or any other main component of the computer is replaced... it allows u to keep ur old system working in the new system without reinstall the software or removing ur data its main goal is …
  • btw, to mech, try this one:http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpassw d/ the program in that web allows u to create a linux boot cd capable to read NTFS partitions and to change users passwords (or at least to remove them) its a bit complex to use if u have no experience with linux, but u can found a "how to use" section in the same website
  • mmm, the repair process most times doesnt allows to reset admin password i think... anyways, i think also in some comps it could allow... usually the best admin password for most computer owners is no password at all, so i usually dont care too much about the admin password screen during repair/reinstall (u know, the nextnextnext syndrome) the program i pointed in the other post allows to reset any users password, including admin
  • (Quote)lol