Posts by anlon

yes!!! It's alive!
    I didn't add some of the programs to the antivirus exceptions properly, but now its fixed!
    I had to add to exclude from auto-protect sonar and blah blah, I just added it to exclude from scans, so that was probably it!

Anyone all fixed now, thank you so much for your support and patience! 10/10 +1

flmm - mods - freelancer2 crossfire - data - interface = 523 Files, 21 Folders - size on disk = 382 MB (401,137,664 bytes) - size = 381 MB (400,093,692 bytes)

flmm - freelancer2 crossfire = 8,464 Files, 866 Folders - size on disk = 6.43 GB (6,911,676,416 bytes) - size = 6.41 GB (6,890,976,937 bytes)

Program Files (x86) - Microsoft Games - Freelancer = 17,584 Files, 864 Folders - size on disk = 8.00 GB (8,596,258,816 bytes) - size = 7.96 GB (8,556,481,405 bytes)

There any other folders you'd like to see?

Thank you for the pictures. The versions are the same as in the pictures.

Also, when I open the launcher updater, I get this message

The launcher was not found. Please check if the launcher is running. and I get this message even after restarting my computer.

What do you mean, when I right click a folder and click properties, in the general tab I see a read-only (which I unchecked) and hidden. Also I have windows 7.

Also I'm still having issues :(

How do I tell what the version of the launcher is? I don't seem to see any version thing.

When it freezes, it just stops responded, doesn't close or anything, just stops responding. I tried waiting on it to see if it would fix itself but after exactly 6 mins of waiting, I closed it out.

oh and freelancer is in the orginal version, I didn't download any updates for, as per the text document. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Hmm thats strange, messed with my firewall a bit, now its downloading 200+ patches or whatever. hmm will keep everyone updated

hmm at the end I got [x]:Error Copy [E00000046] now its doing 0-17 updates

I am gonna try deleting and uninstalling every thing again.

K I followed those 2 txt documents and still having the same problem.

When I first load up the crossfire.exe after installing everything and activating the mod, the launcher client freezes and goes through the whole (not responding) thing. Then I open it up again and it continues the patching process.

But same issue, when I click singleplayer or multiplayer the window pops up saying it needs updates I click yes, then it goes through the 0-18 process and at the end it gives me the error code and won't start.

The Interface folder cotains 523 Files, 21 Folders 382 M exactly what you said it should be.

I just uninstalled everything and re-installed (again) and still the same issue, when I open the launcher and click singleplayer or multiplayer it goes through the 1-18 patch thing, then it says that crossfire has closed, and I get that error code in the logs.

I had my firewall and antivirus completely turned off, and ran everything as administrator, but I keep getting the same error. :( I don't know what to do.

Also when I right click-properties - uncheck read only - apply and click okay, when I right click to open it up again it still says it has read only on. Not sure what to do about that, but it seems to be writing files okay.

I just tried running the exe for freelancher and got this [x]:Error Launcher Update [E0000017A] also when I ran it off the disk it opened the crossfire launcher, this time it started updating it's self automatically. When I open it up from the shotcut on my desktop it just stays at 0%

When I open up the crossfire launcher I keep getting this error code x]:Crossfire Crash Exit CODE -1073741819 [E000000D4] ( got it from the log on launcher). I am tried turning off all my antivirus stuff, and restarted my computer, tried re-installing a couple of times. Ran everything as administrator. I don't know, anyone have an idea what to do?

Nevermind, I am just going to uninstall this mod. I am level 2 and am doing one of the missions inbetween the story and I cant even kill anyone because their sheilds and armor regenerate faster than I can do damage. I can't buy a better ship because for someone the cost of ships was doubled. Why would you think thats a good idea? The graphics look alot better but alot of the other changes that were made make this mod terrible and not worth playing.

Is there a way to turn off things like the AI and doubleing the cost of ships to buy and what not cuz it is ruining singleplayer. Also why crossfire loaded with trojans?