Posts by KaneBlendend

Yeah, the last black box was in Menton. Got there from hyperspace, which I guess is the back way. Those systems with nothing but one huge asteroid field, and some with a cloud field on top of that, are kinda frustrating to search through... Is there a better scanner than the Adv. Subspace with the 12.5K range? Now that I'm done with that, I'm gonna try my luck at Hiruga and then find Death Valley and Lost Paradise. I love this game and this mod!

I found my way to Utopia, found Dervon, jumped to the DK homeworld system, and am currently trying not to puke in hyperspace... The DK stations ask for help but do no tell where to go, is that the end of the quest? Is there anything in hyperspace other than a jumpgate to Menton (which is the only DK sector I haven't explored on that side of the universe yet)? Hole to Utopia was actually located in Omega 41. Thanks a million for all of your help by the way. In some sectors there is a lot of ambient dust, but the small, multi-colored jumpholes all seem to pop in at about 30K in clear open space. All settings on install were set to max, so that seems to be the LOD range on those, unless there's a way to check/change that?

Sounds like I'm fortunate, in that I have a fairly high-end pc (I can run Metro 2033 of max everything...). I've never tested but I can see jumpholes from pretty far off, halfway across a system if there is no clouds or asteroid fields in the way. I found Blinch's ship in Styx, but no mention was made of a hidden Rheinland base... I can pick up the search from there, but I'd like to find the missing clue(blackbox?). Any hints on where I can find it?

Edit: I take that back, DK space jumpholes seem to pop in about 28K to 32K. And the Hieron>Gurm hole popped in at about 60K. Larger stuff pops in much farther away.

Hey everybody! New to the mod, old to Freelancer. Decided to re-install when I saw how far the mod had come from a few years back. I'm loving the quest, however, I too am stuck...

I have 2 black boxes, have decoded the co-ordinates, and found the emergency beacon with the warp hole to DK space. However, despite mapping about 80% of DK space, I haven't found the third black box, or have any idea where to go. There are no more rumors in Coalition bases, sleeper ships in Sov. are empty, as is the emergency beacon. The info on the beacon is interesting, and makes me think the next step is in DK space, but I can't find where, if it is...

Please help? I've been searching for 2 weeks now...