Posts by Cruacious

Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\Data\Missions\M01A\m01a_01.thn.flmmbak' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\Data\Missions\M01A\m01a_01.thn')

I have tried reinstalling Crossfire, running in Admin for both FLMM and the Crossfire installation, and just about had it. The integrity check says the installer is fine, however, this mission isn't copying over. Not sure if it's missing or not, but would like some input. So far this is the only error I've encountered and it's right around the end of the load-up, everything else seems to work EXCEPT this. Anyway, I'm hoping someone can give me clear input on this or provide a file I can throw in and try to use as a replacement. Hope to fly around soon as I intend to get some of my old skills dusted off and jump into the melee.

Yeah that helped, but a little bug that really isn't totally inconvenient popped up. I can no longer see the start-up sequence. The Mircosoft logo, Digital Hammer logo, and the films no longer show up visually, only in audio. Hopefully there's an update patch for it, but as long as the game itself runs flawlessly I can cope :)

Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.81\EXE\Freelancer.exe' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe')

Name of the error in question and I'm too tired atm to figure this out, work in a few hours.

Anyway, I have my AV disabled, I did a clean install following the instructions to the letter, and was also running FLMM in administrator mode on my operating system, which is Windows 7, and I can't seem to figure out this particular hiccup. So, anyone care to shed some wisdom on this bug and anything else that could sneak-up on me?

Also, I hope this is worth all the trouble, since the last time I tried to get Crossfire was the day AFTER Microsoft shut down the servers (I'm a man of such poor gaming luck).