Posts by Poopstein

I'm fairly new to CF, however I am on very regularly, especially when not having comp problems :D ( :cursing: norton) And one thing I notice is time of day makes a difference too, also its summer, at least here anyway, so people have a lot going on. All I can say is that I am appreciative of having the ability to play here, whether alone at times or with others. One thing I think we all need to remember is that a lot of people have spent a lot of time, and surely money as well to bring us this mod. So even though it can be easy to forget that, at the end of the day lets always keep that in mind. I for one don't plan on ever quitting playing unless RL situation prevents it. So here is a BIG thank you to everyone who made this mod possible.

Hi all, I wanted to try to help others avoid experiencing the same problems and frustrations that I have had for the past week. A little bit of background on what happened to me. I have been playing CF for awhile and wasn't having any problems, a week ago I restarted my computer, and when I tried to run CF mp I got an error message saying Freelancer.exe - Application Error, The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click ok to close. So then I tried sp and got an error saying Freelancer.exe - Bad Image C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE2\zlib.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. To make a long story short the cause ended up being Norton 360, which prior to this caused no issue with CF, I had in place all firewall settings to allow Freelancer, CF and FLMM, as well as program exemptions for all of these. It mattered not, Norton decided that they would disregard the rules I created which I found in the program logs. There was an update done to the program so I am guessing that something they changed is what started this problem. So just a FYI for anyone that has Norton 360, if you have issues with CF, Norton may be the problem.

Long Story Link index.php?page=Thread&threadID=42449&pageNo=1

**Note** I am running Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks again all for trying to help. So once again the only solution that worked was reinstalling the op system, however, I figured out the problem, which I will make a new post about, but it was Norton, even though i exempted all programs from firewall and added to the list of programs to ignore. Apparently the latest update from Norton changed something in the program, I went into the firewall history and the logs showed that the firewall rules I created were being ignored by Norton, so what the hell is the point of even having the rules then, needless to say I am absolutely finished with that company. Prior to me discovering the CF mod, my hardrive crashed, I could not recover anything from it, however I had Norton backup setup.....great right? Wrong, yes the backup was in place and yes it was up to date, however I was unable to restore my files, the pictures were all I really cared about, so I contacted support, spent several hours and several phone calls with them and guess what? They couldn't figure out the problem, so I lost everything, this is the last straw for me. So thanks again everyone and I am sorry for any inconvenience. See you in space.

Ok thanks for that info, I didn't want to reinstall my op system again, so thought I would try other options first, but looks like that's where I am headed, although this may be my last time doing so honestly. I really don't get whats happening. I allowed all programs through Norton firewall. No files are in quarantine, so I don't think that is my problem.

Wow, I am beyond frustrated now. Restarted computer and same problem again. I am lost.

Tried deactivating CF in FLMM and get the following message:

0 files restored and 0 directories deleted
    Error: problem deactivating 'Crossfire Mod 1.9 Client Edition'
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\FX\sarmablue.txm.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\FX\sarma.txm.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_rh06.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_rh05.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_rh01.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_li03.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_li02.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_li01.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_ku07.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_ku05.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_ku04.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_ku03.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_ku02.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_ku01.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_iw04.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_iw01.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_ew04.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_ew03.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_ew02.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_bw05.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_bw04.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_bw03.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_bw02.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_br06.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_br05.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_br04.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_br03.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_br02.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_br01.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_st03b.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_st03.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_st02.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_st01.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_rh04.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_rh03.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_rh02.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_li05.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_li04.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_ku06.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_iw06.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_iw05.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_iw03.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_iw02.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_hi02.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_hi01.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_ew06.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_ew05.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_bw10.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_bw09.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_bw08.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_bw07.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_bw06.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\cf_starsphere_bw01.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\starsphere_rh05.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\starsphere_li01.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\starsphere_ku07.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\starsphere_ku03.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\starsphere_ku02.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\STARSPHERE\starsphere_ku01.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SCREENS\cfcursor1.txm.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SCREENS\cursor.txm.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SCRIPTS\INTRO\cfsirius3.thn.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SCRIPTS\INTRO\cfsirius2.thn.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SCRIPTS\INTRO\cfsirius1.thn.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\INTERFACE\HUD\hud_nnbox5.cmp.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\AUDIO\ambienteB.utf.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\AUDIO\ambienteA.utf.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\FONTS\rich_fonts.ini.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\FONTS\fonts.ini.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\AUDIO\MUSIC\NEW_DEFEAT.WAV.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\characters\bodies\cfli_hatcher_body.dfm.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\characters\bodies\li_hatcher_body.dfm.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\characters\bodies\trentbody.dfm.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\trenthead.dfm.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\characters\bodies\pl_trent_body.dfm.flmmbak' doesn't exist
    Warning: Unable to un-rename file; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\pi_pirate5_head.dfm.flmmbak' doesn't exist

I then uninstalled the mod, reinstalled and get the following error:

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.9 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\resources.dll.flmmbak' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\_resources.dll')
    Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.9 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\resources.dll.flmmbak' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\_resources.dll')

Thanks again everyone I really appreciate all of the help as I really do not want to quit playing CF. So to Gearheads question, no I did not re-download FLMM, I will do that tonight when I get home. Cryzis I will use those two programs and see if they uncover anything. As nfor the firewall I will work on that too, so it should be the frrelancer file, CF file and FLMM file correct?

Thanks for the advice. I did exactly as the instructions in the link suggested and same problem :( As for the Firewall I use Norton 360, good or bad idk, but CF is an allowed process in the firewall settings, windows firewall and defender are deactivated. I even tried to disable the Norton firewall as a test and have the same issue. I really don't know the problem but I am starting to get frustrated :cursing: As I have said before I am not a computer expert but I do know my way around one to some degree so I am somewhat confident that I am doing things correctly. One thing that is strange is that upon running FLMM the first time after this process the I get the zlib.dll error, when I go into freelancer exe I notice that there are two zlib.dll files, I copy the file from CF into this file and the error disappears, but then I get the other one.

Thanks again for help, I followed your instructions exactly as written. No luck :( I don't have any errors come up now, but when I try to play FLMM just closes and nothing happens. I tried to run from shortcut too, as well as from start menu, and results are the same. Also CF Installer did install to FLMM.

***Update*** Did everything all over again including downloading all files over again and deleting original downloads in case of corruption. Installing the CF 1.9 is what causes game to not work, why? I don't know, but I went into game using FLMM prior to starting CF install and download and everything worked fine. Can this be graphics related? I don't think so but the reason I ask is because I did have to update the flconfig database with my card info the last time, but game did run without doing that originally. I apologize for the time this is taking, I do not want to inconvenience anyone by asking for help.

***Update*** After letting the mod patch I am back to getting the same error as before. Freelancer.exe - Application Error, The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click ok to close

Hmmm thats interesting, tyvm for that, it is the exact same error. I only have one freelancer file in docs and its from today, When you uninstall it asks if you want to remove all data, I selected yes. So maybe that removed it on its own? I did a test this last time that I had not checked before. I deleted everything. Installed complete freelancer again, restarted comp, started game, worked fine, entered my FL id, chose MP, no servers come up, but it took me into selection location. Then I installed CF again, no issues on installing, restarted again, installed FLMM, copied CF mod folder into FLMM mod folder, started FLMM, activated mod, and I am currently waiting for patch to complete, fingers crossed.

***Update*** Same exact problem :( well I am done for today, I spent all day trying to figure this out. If I did anything wrong in installation order let me know, but think I did everything the same as when it worked. Thank you all for the help. If I don't fly again, I want to say that it was nice to meet everyone, and thanks to OP for a great mod. Game was sooooo much more fun than original.

I ran the drive check too and same issue. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled, same issues :( I even did a system restore which was from the 25th, and everything was working great at that time, same thing. I am not a computer expert so any other ideas are welcome. Is there a different way to uninstall everything, maybe something residual is causing it?