Posts by Poopstein

My computer restarted this morning and now I am unable to play game. Error message says Freelancer.exe - Application Error, The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click ok to close. I have tried restarting and have same issues. Searched forum for this error and didn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

When I try to run in Sp I get an error saying Freelancer.exe - Bad Image
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE2\zlib.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.

I was playing the game with no issues, everything was going well, just caught Ashcroft and was about to get gate codes, when game crashed. Norton pooped up that it had found a heuristic trojan in freelancer files, file was removed. Since then I was unable to launch the game. I went into Norton quarantine and restored the file because it was low risk and I figured it was a mistake. After restoring the game would still not launch. So I made a copy of my saved games and uninstalled everything. I reinstalled and it looks like everything is going to work, but my saved games were deleted even though I copied them and renamed the file. This is very frustrating as I spent several hours getting to where I was and I thought I was safe after making the copy. :cursing: That said I am wanting to fast track my progress to get back to where I was. Has anyone edited the ship files to remove batteries so that they will not restore while attacked? It seems tedious but I am wondering if I change the batteries to zero I can get to where I was much faster. This mod is really great, and I can't wait to explore it further but it is much more difficult than the vanilla version.

Thank You

///////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //
    // UnknownHardware
    //
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////

Vendor = unknown
    unknown = "**UNIDENTIFIED**"
    UnknownHardware
    break

Is this what I change? Sorry its a bit confusing to me and this is all new to me as well. Thanks for the help.

Thanks gents, that wiki will help greatly, I wish I could play mp with you all, maybe if great strides are made with regards to sat internet. Nobody knows how to hack a satellite right? J/K Hello N S A that was a joke....I am very happy with my :cursing: crap signal.

Hi everyone, I am new here, bought Freelancer when it first came out years ago. Found it in a box the other day and thought I would recreate that experience from the past, had no idea that mods existed and in my search for crash sites found the Crossfire mod. I just installed it and have began playing single player, can't play mp due to sat internet being junk, but this mod seems great. I wish there was a list of prison locations, I have only completed a couple missions and have a bunch of pods that are not worth anything on the planets. If anyone can provide a list or link that would be great. Anyway, I look forward to playing a new version of Freelancer, want to give a big thanks to the developers as well. :)