Posts by snoop82

okay, so my story for tonight.
    i went exploring in the crossfire systems, you know they are very hostile... lol
    scored myself two nomad guns, which i always liked in the original freelancer because of the zero energy use
    are they any good in this game?
    then i got in a lot of trouble and died like 5 times in a row because i simply had to much heat on me
    managed to escape eventually and thought to check out the prisoner stuff, did some missions while heading to texas and then bam, the surprise, prisoners are worth a shitload.
    i had some majors aboard that gave me 80k profit each, too bad i didn't know that before so thanks for the hint :)
    did a simple 28k mission that got me 12 corperals, selling for 45k each... whaaaaaat?!

conclusion: now i'm hooked even more :D

thanks for all the replies guys, the wiki is only accesible when you have an account, that explains i couldn't find anything through google :)

i also brought my uncle (ciabpi), my nephew (cloak) and a friend (burd-burd) into this game

Hi everybody,

I'm snoop82 and I'm from Belgium.
    A few weeks ago me and my brother (Sub) were looking for some games to play during our home LAN party.
    We played Freelancer a lot in the early days and went looking for some nice mods.
    We came across crossfire, installed and started playing it.
    We like it a lot, though a lot of things are not yet clear and it's hard to find some good information.

Some basic questions:

- whats added in crossfire? Ships, equipment, systems, goods, ...
    - where can you earn some real money? I'm not talking about those 200k missions, I want 1M missions. How else can you ever afford a 40-100M ship? :)
    - while trading i noticed the available goods in some stations changed, is there a dynamic system behind this? I did some trading for example between dortmund and essen station that was very lucrative. Next day the goods were gone.

I have an 8 million very heavy feighter with class 8-9 weapons. Is this any good?

Greetz