Posts by Captain_Blackwood

Nicely written, thx for it! Swat-portal also evolved from 2013, we have here regularly information from other games too. But ofc we all here still like crossfire ... still can be allot of fun even after theses years which is cf server running. ... btw, if in nostalgia, try 2.0 sp campaign ... its still very enjoyable even if compared with new games.

I'll probably try that sometime. I like Elite Dangerous but a bit of good old Freelancer again wouldn't go amiss. And I hear there've been a lot of updates and even a new version for Crossfire. Sounds pretty good. I might see you out there mate :)

Hello all. Not many people will remember me but I was very active back in 2013. I just want to let some people I used to know that I've been through quite a lot the past few years since I was last on but I'm okay. I probably won't be back on. I'm simply on a nostalgia trip. It's good to see that the Swat community is still doing great. I feel like I'm in somewhat of a 2013 timewarp. I don't remember much, but I know that back in 2013, around the last time I was on, I was obsessed with Star Trek, Freelancer Crossfire, and this community. I know this seems melodramatic, but I haven't forgotten you guys or those fun days I had on Crossfire, and I never will. I guess all through our lives, we move through different places, make friends and say goodbye to others. The key is to never forget your friends. Because this is the greatest community I've ever been involved in. Friendly people, helpful, kind, and not once did I ever remember running into a troll, but again I don't remember much anyway :)

But when I say a lot has happened in my life between 2013 and 2017, I mean A LOT. Coming back here is like going back 10,000 years ago, and that's why it's spectacular to be here. But my point is: I'm glad to see that a community that is important to me is still thriving. God bless all you guys.

This post is melodramatic but I'm past caring and needed to let my thoughts out to a community that I was well involved in back in a time when my entire brain and daily life worked completely differently.

"The Great Red Spot (GRS) is a persistent anticyclonic storm, 22° south of Jupiter's equator; Earth observations establish a minimum storm lifetime of, variously, 183 years to possibly 348 years."

I think the game is way past 348 years. Jupiter still has that Red Spot, if you want maximum realism for the mod you should edit it so the Great Red Spot is gone. In my opinion it should stay there, Jupiter is renowned for it's Red Spot. ;)

Hello everyone Blackwood here again. Sorry I haven't been online on the Forums nor the Server in the past few days, it's because I'm really busy right now and a lot is going on in my life. I hope I get the chance to go on the server soon because I miss everyone, and my dear Titan ship, Donella. :D

Star Wars Battlefront II is an epic game and I started an entire thread to say this: "A game like this doesn't even have a Star Trek mod?!"

Well that's confusing, it'd make an epic Star Trek mod. If you've played this game you'd know what I'm talking about.

Rebels: Federation.
    Empire: Romulans.
    Clones: Klingons.
    Droids: The Borg.

The Mon Calamari Cruiser could be the Enterprise, while the Corvettes could be Defiant class.
    The Star Destroyer could be the Warbird, accompanied by Scout Ships.
    The Acclamator could be the Battle Cruisers, accompanied by Bird of Preys.
    The Trade Federation cruiser could be the giant cube, while the others are the pyramids.

Hello people, this is the second post I've made in 5 minutes. I have a question about clans and systems, I've always wanted to grow a beard and own a star system, I need help on how to start up a clan and purchase a system, for starters I'll have to gather up a few people, and after that I'll have to form a clan, and then after that I need to know how to purchase a star system. Can anyone guide me through these steps please? I have an idea on what the clan should be called and what it represents, it should be a mercenary clan, a clan that people can turn to whenever they want to Freelance together. Also, we will not take a mission that involves crime or killing civilians, we will be an honorable clan. So yes, can anyone guide me through these steps?

Thank you for reading.

Hello everyone, I'm Jack Blackwood, also known as "Captain", I'm 19 years old at the time this post was made, I come from Scotland and I enjoy space games. My story? I saw Freelancer, I bought Freelancer, I played Freelancer, I completed Freelancer, I kept playing Freelancer, I came across-Crossfire, I downloaded and installed Crossfire, now I play Freelancer with Crossfire installed! I have a Titan ship and a level 30 something character on the Swat RP Crossfire server. And I'm proud to be part of this mod and it's website.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)