Posts by jiminma50

Cannot figure out how MilkShape works! LOL Here is a screenshot of what I can figure out so far.

I deleted all materials except for the BASE, then mapped the coloredUVmap to the BASE texture.I had to change IGNORE ALPHA to get the map to correctly show up.

Ok, took a little longer than I expected, but here is the UV mapped version.

And here is the map without the grid lines.

Also including BLANK grid.

I'm including both maps, the ms3d file, and an obj and mtl file in the zipped attachment.

Ok... not sure what the correct colors are for this ship.... but here's what I came up with

TOP VIEW

BOTTOM VIEW

SIDE VIEW

DIAG VIEW

I've included an obj and ms3d version.

Files

• LSFzipped.zip

(39.34 kB, downloaded 3 times, last: )

Well thats good to know,wish ya told me sooner...

I'm still having problems assigning textures to the mesh in MilkShape, here is what the cities on the wings are supposed to look like;

But since this mesh in not gonna fit with the Crossfire theme, I guess I'll give up on it.

I'm attaching the mesh as it stands so far.

New battleship is coming along nicely... just struggling with uv mapping and bump maps.

Adding materials to the city's on the forward wings is going to take forever ! Coloring the power-plant on the aft wing right now.

Quick question for the admin... do meshes have to be a continuous mesh ? Is is ok to have a ship that has objects floating near it ?

For example, is it ok to have a ship that has spheres floating near the wing tips, or do I have to physically attach the spheres to the wing to make one solid mesh ?

I'm thinking of making a mega-battleship... but not sure about size restrictions in the game.

Is it ok to make the ship big enough for other ships to fly through ?

It's still a very rough draft right now.

Ok, it took awhile to figure out the Blender exporter...

so far I learned you need to copy each material individually to the ms3d plugin, and name each material as well !

Textures need to be uv mapped and saved as a separate image file.

I believe this is the final result... I cannot figure out how to effect the normals in Milk Shape. I've included the HULL PLATING map, maybe someone can figure out how to apply it. Wost case scenario, just add it to the mesh AFTER the camouflage map to imitate hull plating seams.

Below is an example of a texture mapped to the NORMALS to give the illusion of seams

Ok, not at home right now, but I was able to work on the mesh with multi materials...

Here is the ms3d version with all materials... I'm having problems exporting the textures, so I guess this ship want have the camo or hull panel texture.

Blenders exporter is still a little buggy right now... hopefully when things get ironed out, it will be eaiser to export to ms3d.

I'm including the uv map, but for some reason the texture isn't exporting, maybe you can figure out how to add it.

Could you please explain how you got that into MilkShape ? I tried for awhile with no luck.

I'm not sure how MilkShape handles textures. My original .blend file had 20 or so materials, each with textures applied. To get this to work in MilkShape, I had to crush all of my separate materials into one lump material.

I'm guessing you can only use 1 texture map in MIlkShape? The one I sent is to bump the normals out and give the effect of hull seams.

While I wait for someone to get back to me, I am playing around with another mesh.

This is not my mesh, I'm just modding it.

Maybe this could be SWAT_OP-R8R's new ship 8).

The original Author of this mesh is

------------------------------ AMC MATADOR Highway Patrol ------------------------------
    Version by Marsupi.
    E-mail : mweill6055@clubinternet.fr
    Downloaded from DMI at http://dmi.chez.tiscali.fr/models1.html
    ====================================================================

Here is a link to the original download page ... http://www.dmi3d.com/models/matador_police.rar

Ok I think I've done everything correctly... I just have no clue how to use Milk Shape, so I'll need assistance finishing this project.

I'm attaching the mesh,material and texture map in this zip file.

If this works, I'll put a tutorial together to help people make their own ships !

If you get this working in MilkShape, please tell me how you did it !!! I have no clue how that program works.