Posts by nkdv5

Good to know, guys, thanks! So I did as advised in that thread and its seemed to almost eliminate the issues I've been having. It did glitch once or twice but nowhere as badly as before. Playable and enjoying FL again after so many years. Thanks again!

So I ran more tests to see when this glitching happens, and while I have been restricted to the first system having not advanced with the storyline, these are my findings -

The glitching occurs ONLY when using the Fort Bush -> Pittsburg Trade Lane. It starts about midway through the trade lane and persists once it starts. Also, sometimes when it is glitching, the screen freezes and begins to fill up with plain white light. No idea why this is happening. I attempted to turn off Crossfire's graphical adjustments (Bloom etc) using the Shift+F12 command but it makes no difference.

It does not occur anywhere else in the system at all.

Once it starts near Pittsburg, it stays. However on a couple of occasions it disappeared when I flew back to Fort Bush, but this was rare.

I'll try to get a video of this glitch uploaded asap

Hey all!

I just installed and fired up CF 1.9 after downloading it yesterday, was missing FL way too much :)

Okay, so I started the game and played the first part (SP) fine when you have to fight the Order, and then fight the Liberty Rogues, but right after and as soon as I arrived at Planet Pittsburg the game started glitching like nobody's business. Weird red/white/blue lines started flashing all over the screen, restricting my vision. Then, I couldn't see my ship at certain times, or anybody else's ship either for that matter - just open space. I couldn't see any missiles/lasers or anything either.

This problem persisted from here on, even when I docked with Pittsburg and flew back to Manhattan, and also whilst fighting the LRs near their base. I couldn't see where I was being shot from, who I was shooting at or who I kept crashing into, rendering the game completely unplayable.

please advise, I would like to play through this wonderful game again, with this wonderful mod too!

Just in case, here are my system specs -

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    i5 2520M 2.5GHz
    Intel HD 3000 Graphics
    8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    120GB SSD

- there is no lag or FPS drop in the game, and I have all settings maxed out with no performance drop -

UPDATE: I restarted the game and it seemed to work fine, until it Crashed to Desktop for no reason while I was in a dogfight. What is going on?