Posts by PwnSauce

Thanks for all the help guys and gals. It's definitely quite a different experience than regular old freelancer. I'll admit I was trying to go through the motions as usual and that clearly isn't working. I upgraded to a CF ship that I found in a warship in Bretonia. It should hold me over for a while. I'm planning on breaking off of my main missions and going on a journey to X-308 (I think that's it). It seems to me that CF rewards exploration, which is great. I was definitely trying to run through the expanded single player to get to the additional content but I think I'll try and slow down and explore. I'll admit I haven't even been to any of the CF systems yet. Is there any sort of limitation that would hold me from exploring CF systems at this point in the game? FYI I'm about to kick that guys ass in a race in the Dublin system.

Alright I'll keep at it. Does the FAQ that's included with the mod go into details about some better weapons? From what I've gathered in-game I'm sporting the best weapons available in my sector. Each does about 130 hull 70 shield and i'm level 10-11. As mentioned I got a CF ship so I'm definitely fine in that respect. I hardly dent the energy drain with my weapons so I can't help thinking there are much better weapons out there I just haven't found them yet. Also, I don't do missiles. I always try in the beginning of each Freelancer runthrough and it never works out well for me.

Hey all,

Longtime Freelancer player here. Just started the Crossfire 1.9 Mod a few days ago. Since the beginning of the game I've been having serious problems killing enemies. It got easier after the first few missions but has again spiked. I'm around level 10 and 11, have a CF ship that beats anything in normal Freelancer, and decent weapons. I just recently got in a fight with 4 Corsairs and was only able to kill 2 of the 4 over a period of about 6 minutes. They just keep using the darn nano/shield bots too quickly, and seemingly with unlimited supply. Is there a way to change the files for this? It's seriously impacting my SP enjoyment. Like I said I've played Freelancer before so I know how to get on my targets and stick with em. I'm just sick and tired of watching their wings and hulls get blown to hell and then completely recover their shields and hull strength. It seems a bit ridiculous. Please let me know if there are any solutions. I've looked through the forums and haven't been able to find anything yet.