Posts by JohnDoe

I wonder... am I onto something here?

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Freelancer Mod Manager

mods\Crossfire1.82 REG_SZ

1:0,2:0,3:0,4:0,5:0,6:0,7:0,8:0,9:0,10:0,11:1,12:2,13:0,14:4,15:0,16:0,17:0,18:0,19:0,20:0,21:0,22:0,23:3,24:0,25:0,26:0

I wonder.... any chances if this holds the option information? If so, we'd just need to find which is which option.

BTW: Again, thank you all for trying to help, I've not found a forum this nice in a LONG time.

Alright, I'm a dumb@ss, and I have good and bad news. lol.

I completely didn't even think about rebooting. Uninstalled everything, rebooted, reinstalled, and it all acted like it was completely fresh, when I installed Crossfire, I still had to activate it, and it gave me the options.

Bad news though..... It DID change yuni's outfit. and Trent. Other than that though, the cursor/hud/opening movies are still the Crossfire default, instead of what I set it for. *shrugs* Oh well, I'll just play it with those. *laughs*

Thank ya for getting back to me. *smiles* I hadn't noticed that faq, had looked at the one on the main swat page that doesn't seem to be working.

Yep, looks like it's a registry situation, since it's mentioning using ccleaner, but I'm curious...... Does anyone know exactly which keys it modifies/makes? I really prefer going through my registry manually than using a program that I don't know exactly what it's going through.

Alright, this is getting annoying. Seeing as how I can't find anywhere online any information whatsoever on what the differences are on the mod options, when I installed it and didn't care for certain options, like the look of the cursors and such, I decided to change the options. That's where the fun begins....

I have tried to deactivate the mod.. gives me an error.
    I have uninstalled Freelancer and reinstalled... Crossfire is automatically active on it and I can't reinitialize it.
    I have uninstalled Crossfire and reinstalled... Crossfire is automatically active, with no way to set options.
    I have uninstalled FLMM and reinstalled... Crossfire is automatically active.

I have uninstalled Freelancer, Crossfire, AND FLMM at the same time.
    Then installed all three...... Crossfire is again automatically activated as soon as I open FLMM with no way to change any settings/options at all.

It IS actually possible to uninstall and remove Crossfire to be able to put a clean install I hope?

I'm going to guess that there are perhaps registry keys that get altered to hold crossfire options for some reason?
    And that is the reason that even when you uninstall and delete crossfire from your entire system, It still keeps your original options if you reinstall it?

Honestly I'm not necessarily wanting to remove crossfire, I'd like to keep it, so if there is a way to just go through the registry, or some sort of hidden ini file that doesn't get deleted to change the options, that would be wonderful.

If not... how the heck DO you uninstall it so I can try to change it?

After spending half the day on this, and reinstalling freelancer about 5 times now, if the only possible option to reset crossfire would be to format and reload my HDD I can definitely say that I'll NEVER try this mod again.

EDIT: And yes, I did actually create this account specifically for answering this question since there seems to be no help anywhere to be found online.