Posts by Pimperator

Of course you can hire a merc for anything at anytime. And I think OP said something about the cargo of battleships getting decreased in 1.9 .

I didnt mean it in the sense of a fortress, but atleast so it could be under fire for a certain while, to allow it to get away etc. Or wait for clanmates / friends / a merc to come in for help.
    Lol, if transports would be godmode-flying-fortresses, half the players would probably be seen with a soulforge train.

And my idea was to allow people to raid players in transports ("Drop your cargo / only the cardamine / whatever or we'll open fire."), and in turn, make the transports be less of flying business-class buffets. I think...if you'd need atleast 2 VHFs to take a soulforge out, that would be fair.

And yeah, like I said, its just an idea to add more to the gameplay on the side of the pirates. A freighter under attack might also call for assistance of police chars, other freighters etc.

I guess I repeated myself a bit here, but meh.

How about giving the scouser, train and soulforge train more armor and possibly increase the power of their weaponry, so that you'd need atleast 2 or 3 careful VHFs to bring it down?

That way you could allow pirates to raid players in large transport ships, since the transporters could hold their own.
    Just would add a bit more other than just "Yo u, tax now" to the entire piracy thing in CF. Might even get traders to hire a merc for added defense?

I dont know if that would take a load of time edit the armor and weaponry numbers of said big transporters, but I think it could easily add a new aspect.

I know I usually dont post and dont play too much lately and I'm a nuby anyway...(Dont know if these have already been posted here anyway).

Buuuuut being able to buy a coalition battleship would be awesome. Theres coalition battleship turrets already anyway.

Maybe also some camera mode where you "lock" the camera in space, keeping its view on your fighter while you fly around freely. Could make for some nice views or just for screwing around.

(This will most likely not happen, but a arwing from stafox assault would be a somewhat pleasant view.)

Naby out.

I know I didnt post here before, im pretty new to FL and CF anyway.

Well anyhow, CF 1.82 has been running without any problems so far until yesterday.

I was able to connect to the swat crossfire server today without probs, load my char in nephele etc. However, after it was done connecting and I see my ship on the landing pad, all the lightsources turned into funky glowing squares, the overall graphics seem to be turned down a bit as well. I checked it in the options, no settings got changed.

Afterwards I got back onto the server and decided to launch into space. The "loading crossfire datafiles" screen appears, then FL crashes to the desktop. FL was still "opened" in a window, it was just empty, meaning just a "frame" basically, had to force FL to quit via killing the freelancer.exe process.

Restarted the comp, then checked if there was another freelancer.exe process already running.

I didnt really find anything whilst using the search function on here, so...please help, if possible?

Thanks in advance.