nv4_disp.dll

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ruivo.

• I'm currently playing Empire at War at my brother's computer (wish he wanted to install FL :( ). But it's getting very annoying and frustrating that whenever i try to play it for more than 10 minutes, i get an BSOD saying "unhandled exception ocurred at... blah blah blah blah...... stuff." But the more important in any bsod of this kind, is the driver that caused the halt. "nv4_disp.dll" is the name of the "defendant".

Here's my brother's pc config:

Athlon xp 2.1ghz
    512 ram ddr 300
    GeForce FX5200 128mb.
    winxp sp2

(please, things like buying fine pieces of technologicaly advanced hardware of the new generation is totaly out of question due to a low budget. Actually, i can't even buy an new 32mb graphics card to myself :P. And things like updating motherboard or BIOS drivers won't work as well, since i don't want to mess up too much with other ppl properties. Altought i'm open to video drivers and files sugestions :D )

Thx for anything!

• Thats the "core" of the video card driver. What drivers you're using for the video card. It looks as a new game maybe using atleast SM 2.0.

• O yes i know. I'm currently using forceware v 66.83 drivers, and just fixed the RX55 memory access bug. It's less frequent, but it still happens. My guess is that it has something to do with AGP fast write, and i want to disable that. But i c no option regarding AGP fast write in my BIOS setup :(