Starwars: Empire at War

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ruivo.

• at face value its a good game plenty of units both space and planet tactical battles, pretty much every units in there AT-ATs star destroyers and the death star but graphics are limited but has low running specs 1ghz cpu and 256mb ram and a 32mb 3d graphics card will get you fighting for control of the galaxy i haven't played it online yet but it seems like it might be prone to ppl spamming low tech units to win battles but it has some interesting online MP features like a galactic conquest mode where 2 players can fight for control over a time period to suit them and save the progress and come back to it when you are both online there is also the more common skirmish mode with resource gathering but galactic fights rely on capturing planets for resources

• one more great george lucas game thats the reason why i wasn't online so much in the past time

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

AMD Athlon64 4000+ l 2048 RAM l 2xMsi NX7800GTX in Sli l DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR (NVIDIA nForce4 SLI) l 1000GB Hdd l 17"CRT l FL@1280x960x32bit l XP64 with sp1

• It's a interesting and addictive game, i've just downloaded the full version (The retail version is not avaible down here yet to buy :( ). Although, it's getting annoying that it randomly crashes with BSODs, even in a moderatly rig like the one i'm using now (2ghz athlon xp, 128 geforce fx5200.)

• i have the same graphics card as you ruvio and i not had any trouble with crashes it must be cause u don't have the full version and also when i installed it from the DVD it automatically downloaded a patch addressing stability issues and MP imbalances

• Nope, i have the full version, but it's the CD version. Applied the patch already, and i've tried to close the RX55 memry @ the BIOS setup. Fortunatly, that seemed to help. But i can't tell precisely, bcuz i'm getting an "Exception!" error box randomly, so i can't play (i belive that this is some sort of unofficial crack protection, since i've downloaded the cd's and i'm using an crack. So until someone releases an mini-iso, or Lucas Arts publishes the game here, i won't be able to play it :( )

But all is not lost. I'm a good Star Wars saga fan, but when it comes to 4X's style game, empire at wars isn't the best. So if you're looking for an good strategy game in Empire at War (which IS a good strategy game) instead of an Star Wars themed game, my advice is to try Galactic Civilizations II (wich is an SUPERB strategy game, even better than Empire at War, according to Gamespot's reviewers).