First review of the new nVidia video driver Control Panel

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by pcforce.

• This is most likely the new upcoming control panel of nVidia video drivers. If evrything goes fine we might see in next official release of Forceware. This is first public beta of the new CP and you can find it in latest beta driver available on the net - you can find more info here. I found alot of comments about it. Sometimes its working fine after driver instalation sometimes further manipulations are needed. FW 83.60 actualy contain two control panels -
    the old one you already know in a bit extended version and the new one. If evrything is fine you should be able to start it by clicking on NVIDIA Control panel in desktop right mouse button menu or in start menu -> all programs -> nvidia corporation -> sedona. However if it still don't work you should instal nTune 3 and then try again. Here is the main window:

and some of the rest more interesting windows:

You will find short and usefull info about all options. Most interesting to me were overclocking options - GPU/Vmemory settings, Hyper-Transport and PCI Express clocks, memory timings and they all are real time - this mean you can change your memory timings right now without restart or changing them in your BIOS! Also options like Extension Limit can be changed now plus you have explenation what it does and what is recommended to do with it in different situations. Also you will notice that some options still don't work - dunno for you but i don't use them anyway like creating game profiles and some others.

• Does this will apply for the oldest chipsets as well? I mean, i have an GeForce4 MX 440 64mb agp (it's old, i know), and it's crying for a new driver.

Originally posted by Ruivo
    Does this will apply for the oldest chipsets as well? I mean, i have an GeForce4 MX 440 64mb agp (it's old, i know), and it's crying for a new driver.

I wrote a link to the drivers - check out the list of original supported cards and in case its not supported (like it seems mine were not supported) during driver instalation you will be asked for the modded .inf - its included in driver archive so there is nothing to worry about, however i recommend you to check the list. Don't forget its beta and also you need to uninstal your old drivers.