Star Wars Battlefront II

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by darkstalker.

• Today i tried out a new game. Here some Screenshots.

who else tried out this game? what u think of it?
    ill test the mp part as sonn as i have more time.

I don't fear anything.
    [SIZE=1] - Remy Bonjasky[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]AMD64 X2 4200+ | 1024 RAM | 9700 GS | MSI K8N SLI Platinum, nForce4 SLI | 1,2 TB | 22"CRT | FL@1280x960x32bit@xxx fps | XP with SP2 [/SIZE]

Freelancer Videos: [ Movie 1 ][ Movie 2 ][ Movie 3 ]

• i own this game as well as the first 1 for Xbox. i find it to be quite exciting to play:)
    in my opinion, this is 1 of the best Star Wars games. u can play as Jedi and other heros and villans form the movies. my favourite are the space battles as u have shown.

• battlefront II was the first X-box game?

I don't fear anything.

[SIZE=1]AMD64 X2 4200+ | 1024 RAM | 9700 GS | MSI K8N SLI Platinum, nForce4 SLI | 1,2 TB | 22"CRT | FL@1280x960x32bit@xxx fps | XP with SP2 [/SIZE]

Originally posted by darkjedi
    i own this game as well as the first 1 for Xbox.

this sounds for me like "i have this game, it was the first game for the xbox".

I don't fear anything.

• i have this game and it is really good. a lot of fast action and you can raid the main enemy battleship and blow up stuff inside.

however there is a problem, i can not find a good server to play on, always a lot of lag and most of the servers are not 24/7.if i could find a good server i would play it more often.

Originally posted by abba
    i have this game and it is really good. a lot of fast action and you can raid the main enemy battleship and blow up stuff inside.

however there is a problem, i can not find a good server to play on, always a lot of lag and most of the servers are not 24/7.if i could find a good server i would play it more often.

you have to pay to play it online?

I don't fear anything.

• I bought battle front 2 a few weeks ago but due to my DVD drive not working i haven't been able to play it until now and to be honest its a disappointment the maps are poorly laid out and make vehicles impractical to use and the more interesting units like dark troopers and droidekas are restricted where as on the first battle front u could use them freely i can understand the jedi chars being restricted yes because everyone running around as jedi would ruin the game even more.

The space battles are also i disappointment with wooden controls and limited playability.

in short i think BF2 sux

• ok darkstalker, u make a good point. i beleive the makers of this game wanted to restrict special units to somehow balance out the game more. actualy there is a special map on Mos Eisly called an assault, where u can only play as the jedi and those kinds of ppl. the objective is to kill and the jedi and ppl on the other team. about the space battles, yes i agree that theyr a bit small and limited. but if u think about it, if they made them any larger, they couldnt put as many other things in the game such as groud-based maps.

• the Jedi needs to be limited because it would unbalance the game but not being able to use droidekas or jet pack troops when u want ruins it and the maps are bad with limited tactical options they are mostly narrow corridors that just have to use troops as cannon fodder to get down them and the maps on the first BF where much larger and about half of them are more vehicle orientated but maybe the space battles are not so bad as i bet anyone who played the first game remembers trying the aerial units and the only map they where much good on was cloud city

• you have to work for the special units.the better you are the more choice you get.i think they did it this way to motivate people to get better.also you have bonus like damage reduction.what i really like if you teamplay you can kick ass.also it is possible to have 2 npc`s wich you can control. very funny.

• i dont mean the point restrictions a mean the restriction to how many of say a restricted unit each team can feild at one time for example u can only have 4 droidekas which isnt to bad on MP but on the SP campaign it sux cuz the npcs take all the special chars and use them poorly (camping in stupid places etc) and u dont get much chance to use them also the damn engineer is bad to it has a shotgun type weapon and u can hand out health packs to yourself so u can get very close unfairly