problem with activation

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Cryzis.

• Hi.

when I finish cf 1.9 instalation (exactly how its posted here) and i try make activaion in FLMM 1.31 pop-up dialog with settings doent show, just green bar get slowly full and it says that it is ready. after i start laucher let it download everything and when i click on SP it just swith off withou any error. Any idea why pop-up doesnt show? or what i could try do with it. i tried reinstal everything 3 times and still same. please help :rolleyes:
    thenks a lot

• Hi Jack,

Your problem is due to a corrupted installation and lefover files after you uninstalled the game. Just follow these instructions below and it should work just fine.

1. Uninstall Freelancer and also delete the Freelancer folder in your " My Documents " directory
    2. Uninstall Freelancer Mod Manager from its folder (you'll see 2 uninstallers , use them both in the same order , first the upper and then the bottom one obviously).
    3. Restart your PC after that and then use a cleaner such as " CCleaner , Advanced SystemCare(both are free) ... or other" in order to clean up the mess after that.

4. Install Freelancer and restart your PC
    5. Install Freelancer Mod Manager 1.31
    6. Install Crossfire 1.9 while your AntiVirus is DISABLED until everything is installed(the game , the mod and its activation)
    7. Activate it and ignore the " Not responding window " (if it shows up).
    8. After its activation , right mouse click on the FL icon , Properties/Compatibility/and choose Run it under Windows XP SP3 and also check the " Run it as Administrator ". [ For Win Vista/7/8 users ]
    You can also change the FL icon to the CF one from the " Icon " section in the Properties. If it can't be changed, then you'll have to do it manually.
    9. Run the game and wait for its updates to finish downloading (they are for both SP & MP)

Good Luck

• Thanks. I manage it works :D problem was, that when i choose CF instalation in FLMM/mods it instaled cf in flmm/mods/crossfire/mod/crossfire and then there is that data, exe, etc. so when i copied it directly to flmm/mods/crossfire activation and everything works . hopefully there will not be more problems :) but thanks anyway before i forged swith off avg :rolleyes:

• Good to see that you got it working. And no worries , if you have more issues , don't hesitate to ask as we are here to help.

Welcome to CF too.