GTA:SA Breaking Records

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by woolfer.

• GTA : San Andreas is on its way to creating one of the most

impressive sales records ever achieved for the whole of the entertainment industry. Over its

first weekend in the U.K., the controversial title sold 677,000 copies at GBP 35.45. These

figures mean that the game generated total revenue of GBP 4 million, the best opening

weekend for a movie in the U.K. was achieved by Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban,

earlier this year, which brought in GBP 23.88 million.

The impressive U.K. figure

however, is by no means the limit of San Andreas' success. Although official worldwide

figures have not yet been released, GTA:SA is reported to have sold really well in the rest

of Europe and the U.S. as well. A very basic and relatively accurate estimate suggests that

European sales of GTA:SA must have matched those of the U.K. so total European sales should

be close to 1.5 million. If the U.S. is also doing as well as expected the grand total might

be close to 3 million units sold, an extremely impressive figure.

In order to help

readers realise the importance of Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas we have to consider that

Sony planned the launch of its new slimline PS2 around the release of Rockstar's game and

it was right to do so. The so called, PSTwo was the driving force behind a significant

hardware sales increase in the U.K. last week which led to the console outselling XBox, its

main rival, by more than 2:1, even though XBox enjoyed a 7 per cent increase in sales.

During the same period the new PS2 outsold GameCube by 17:1. It would be foolish to isolate

the increase in PS2 sales from the release of GTA:SA, an event which defined the launch of

the revamped PSTwo console.

GTA:SAs potential cannot be underestimated and with 6

weeks left until Christmas, all records seem to be fair game for Rockstar's Welcome to the

Jungle title. The latest target is the GBP 69 million that Titanic grossed in U.K. theatres.

It might seem a long way away yet but GTA has proved itself to be a record breaking kind of

game.

• ITS AMAZING(slight understatement)

I was there at the beging
    I will be there at the end
    I cannot grow old
    I cannot die
    [SIZE=4]NO ONE WILL STAND IN THE PATH OF SIRSHIPP[/SIZE]

• omg 8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o
    I want the pc verison

too!!!!!!!!!
    God damn it why dont they ever realese the PC verison first

I'm never comming back!