My name is Aedan.

There is 1 reply in this Thread. The last Post () by SA_ARROW.

• Blinking....The light is blinding at first. My head feels like a melon, stepped on by one of Kusari's Sumos. Light shimmers, and has a slight pulse, long then short. My vision begins to clear, and I see the dark grey walls have long thin lights. They seem to pulse as I slide down the hall on a gurney, pushed by a man in a white coat. He doesn't look down as he walks.

My mouth is dry, my throat so hoarse, I wasn't sure I could make noise, much less talk. I knew how to talk. A deep breath brings a sharp pain to my chest. The pain virtually ROARS to life, emanating from my chest, into my arms and legs, filling my head. My scene fades to white hot pain, then...darkness.

BEEP! BEEP! WHOOSH!...BEEP! BEEP! WHOOSH!

The light returns, a small thing, growing slowly till it fills all. Brighter and brighter, finally blinding, and begins to fade into a sterile room. A common hospital room, my head is propped up a little. The pain is there too... nagging to be let free. Alone. I know how to talk, I know that the things in this room are all in their proper places, and seem normal enough.

'Where is here though,' I think to myself, still not trusting my voice to work. My mouth feels like a fleece jacket, that hasn't been washed in years. 'How long have I been here, where ever here ends up being?' The thought continues.