The ''You`re Banned'' Game

There are 13,271 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ILIYAN.

• I ban you because hahaha. I'm still lost on most of the stuff that the guy said haha. Ouh well, cheers to him, he made me laught.

And yeah, haven't had the opportunity to get to know more Bulgarian people, even tho we are living in the same region haha

About the Cyrillic differences, I think we only found 2 letters different. You write "i" differently and "p" i believe than the one we have in Bosnia (which is the Serbian Cyrillic)

"Only the strongest will survive!"

• I ban you because I'm glad to hear that. ^^

I am not sure about the different letters in your version, but as for the bulgarian:
    "i" - и
    "p" - п
    "r" - р

I can tell you a lot about our history, culture and people if you want me to. As for the alphabet itself, the reason for creating the Cyrillic Alphabet was not because we wanted an alphabet, but the reason behind it was to translate The Scriptures from Greek to Bulgarian. Thus, the Byzantine Empire (Eastern Roman Empire) sent two of its monks (Cyril & Methodius / Кирил и Методий) to the Bulgarian Empire at the Preslav school at which the bulgarian students together with the byzantine monks (I actually don't like that term, 'byzantine' since Byzantine is a modern term differentiating the East from the West part of the Roman Empire (West - capital Rome), East (capital - Constantinople / New Rome and in the past known as Byzantion - hence -> Byzantine Empire), they were known as "romans" in the past, which were the greek speaking people of the Roman Empire, because Rome conquered Greece prior to that and grafted it into its Empire. And when the Empire grew too large, they decided to split (East & West). And even another split happened around the 10th-11th century, which I think is called "The Great Schism", when the church faith split into two (Orthodox & Catholic). I can't recall the specific reason, but as far as I remember, it was because the East didn't like the new pope or emperor that Rome (West) set up.

Anyway, the whole reason for the Cyrillic Alphabet was because the Roman Empire wanted The Bible translated into bulgarian, so they sent their two monks to the Bulgarian Empire for the creation of the alphabet. Thus, Cyril & Methodius with the bulgarian students created the Cyrillic using the Greek Alphabet as an example and were able to translate The Scriptures into bulgarian.

Not long after, the faith and language of the Bulgarian Empire spread to other countries (Russia, Serbia, Bosnia... ) pretty much every slavic nation.

And here's the boomer... one of the 'gaps' in our history. WHY is it called Cyrillic? Shouldn't it be called something like "Bulgarica?" Why is the brother of Cyril (Methodius) disregarded? And the bulgarian students who helped them develop it too? It's like Cyril is taking all of the credit for it and not his brother and the bulgarian students.

-> This is yet another mystery in our history.

And again, If you're interested to know about our history, culture and people... I can tell you some through these posts here.

giphy.gif

• I ban you because I kinda know about the history and the development of the alphabet. In history classes we had a lot of discussions and stuff regarding that. I'm not a 100% sure that the alphabet and the religion really came to Bosnia via Bulgaria, since Bosnia had it's "Bosnian Church" (the Pope sent a crusade to us hahah). We can first bosanchica (not sure how to writte it in English really), which had some of the Cyrillic alphabet, but the Cyrillic alphabet we are using today is the Serbian version (because of Jugoslavia).

Also, I'm not sure why they disregarded everyone else, but I guess at that time he was the most well known, so they took his name of it?

• I ban you because, yes... they sent missionaries throughout the nations back then and that's actually what I meant and no matter from which they got it from first, it dates back to the root that was developed within the borders of the Bulgarian Empire. ^^

Let's just agree that the Cyrillic is the best alphabet. ;P

Yep, that's one of the theories... but who knows, we have several gaps in our history, we ourselves are not even sure where we come from, some say from the persians, others say from the area of today's Afganistan. But no matter what skin color you are, no matter where you were born and where you grew up, we're all children of Adam & Eve.

However, speaking of gaps... the other gap is when Old Great Bulgaria was overran by enemies (we were paid by the Roman Empire to keep its borders clear of their enemies), Khan Kubrat sent his 5 sons into all directions to find a new home for our country and one of his sons (Khan Asparuh / Isperih) who's the founder of modern day Bulgaria, when he came here with his army (consisting between 20 000-50 000), the Byzantine Emperor himself marched to meet him with his most elite troops.

8ZElTtG.jpg

Now, here's the boomer... if every other tribe/nation that is outside of Rome or Greece (Western/Eastern Roman Empire) is considered to be a barbarian, then why the emperor himself would march with his most elite army to meet the so called 'barbarians' with a massive force of 70 000 (or more, according to different sources)?

There's even officially known that the papacy burned down a lot of documents that were about our history, who knows what they might have been telling. Not to mention that the Empire would never recognize a state let alone pay them an annual tribute -> yet, they recognized us and paid us an annual tribute (when they suffered an annihilating defeats all throughout the Bulgarian-Byzantine wars that were waged for many centuries).

I'm not trying to sound 'patriotic', but... nowadays when someone even hears about "BulgEria (it's actually BulgAriya, the word Bulgar means strength)", they laugh and think of us being peasants or gypsies or whatever.

But, anyway... that's a lot of off-topic material, not to mention that you probably have/had it in your history classes already.

• I ban you because I did some classes, not really into to much detail. Well yeah, I mean times have changed and a lot of great empires died and once glory names are now a "joke" (If you know what I mean), but I do agree with kinda got off-topic a lot haha

And, I can't really agree that Cyrillic is the best alphabet, since I'm not really a big fun of it :P

I do know how to write it which I think is really good thing to know. People always want their names written in Cyrillic which makes it funny to do :D

• a lot of great empires died and once glory names are now a "joke" (If you know what I mean)

Oh yeah... I know exactly what you mean. ^^

Hmmm... who are those people except the slavic nations? Or maybe I've just seen people who use cyrillic as their alphabet only do so, well... except a few who tried to write their names in Greek and since I can read greek (I am from greek heritage/origin, bulgarian/greek) it's funny seeing how wrong they typed their names. :D

Anyway, I ban you because we went off topic and I believe it's time to change the subject.

• I ban you, 'cos true, we have to move on. Just to quickly go back on the Slavic point with regards to the alphabet, yeah we Slavs only use. I was just referring to people wanting to see their names written in Cyrillic, since they don't know how to do it haha. It's always funny to see their faces.

Well, what could be the next subject?

• Ha... I can write their names in Cyrillic, but oh, I don't know these people... boomer. ^^

Hmm... I ban you so you can make Michael appear again, ghost-bust his a** from the Hentai stuff. HAHAHAHAHA

• I ban you because, once you go hentai you never go back. If he got stuck playing that stuff, we won't see him for months...

Press F to pay respect to our fallen brother...

• I ban you because you did your job. Well done. Now, let's hope that Michael once he comes out of his Hentai cave appreciates our effort hahaha

• Hahahaha, I thank you. Michael will surely appreciate it and when he does, he will come out of the cave.

Now, I ban you because the next goal is:

• I ban you because you need to be more hopeful, the wall might take a while but I believe he'll participate prior to that, haha.

• I ban you because everything's possible.

PS: The wall expensive? Not to the United States though, after all Mexico is paying for it. ^^

• I ban you because you may be right, we could piss off the mexicans if we discuss this subject.

PS: Another topic? We may as well engage the other Off-Topic threads here, too... hahaha

• I ban you because... yes, the more, the merrier as they say. However, I'd say that it'd be more fun if we troll each other as how this thread originally started, rather than having a normal conversation. HAHAHAHAHAHA