Trying to get Freelancer to work on my laptop with VISTA

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ancalagon.

• Hello ive recently searched for Crossfire and found it just to see if it was still around. I used to play on it a long time ago back when the old PIA clan was still around. I thought i would revisit and see how things were going. Havent played any freelancer in a long time. When Global Serverlist went down i pretty much stopped playing. Ive downloaded the mod manager and the mod. I got the game iinstalled but when i click to play, i get the opening window for the patch download but patch wont download. Multiplayer function isnt available and when i click the single player function it crashes. Any idea how to fix? Hope to get some help soon as i really liked Crossfire when i used to play. THANKS

Chas ;)

• Did you install it as:

1.Remove Freelancer(game saves, mod remains etc.- everything)
    2.Install Freelancer
    3.Install Freelancer Mod Manager 1.31(Do not install 1.41! cause it's bugged)
    4.Install Crossfire(Do not change the directory, CF will want to install in the Mod Manager)
    5.Activate the Mod
    6.Install Crossfire Multiplayer patch 1.7a
    7.Enjoy

Have you also remove your junks from your PC? try with Advanced System Care(there's a free version). I've read somewhere about the trick with running CF on Vista

try this here :
    http://www.swat-portal.com/php…b4ebe9b4798d06afaa8f834b5

• Make sure that you have installed everything as Admin. This includes the game from the disk, don't let it auto run. Browes on to the disk and run it as admin.

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese