Help Wanted

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Maxbur.

• I don't know if this is the right section but... whatever, you can move it. so... i need a little help here ;/ ,

When i play every game,(even i was watching Stargate through the CD Drive) my monitor turns off and it needs restart(that's happening after like 15-20 mins), I've checked the Monitor Options(the 3 things there , they were even placed on "never" and again it's happening, any idea, is it possible that be some monitor problem(19 inc's , plasma Samsung,i don't think so it could be from this anyway^^) , drivers problem , cable problems, if you have expiriance this problem before or you just know it, pls tell me, I didn't have this problem before anyways^^ pls help if you know something :(

• 1st- check ur "sleep" mode time- if it too short like 5 mins, make it bigger. 2nd- check ur videocard setup. If you have ATI- go to CCC and check videoadapter capabilities. If you have Nvidia- go to it`s control center and check there. 3rd and most possible- you have an old version of monitor driver. Install latest version of monitor driver. Good luck!

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• **moved**

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• expanding maxbur's point 2 (TM): usually the control panel packed with graphic cards drivers is the same for several card models manufactured by the same guys. however not all the models support all the features you can activate within that control panel

sometimes, if the graphic options of your graphic card are not well selected in that control panel, it eventually will try to do stuff that it is not capable to and then it will freeze

so, open your graphics card control panel (nvidia nview or ati catalyst), look for the configuration or performance tags and disable all the stuff not supported by your card

if you dont know what your card supports then use the default options, and dont let the games to select performance options (in the control panel usually you can set the performance options to "selected by game" or similar... dont do it, as it seems the games are selecting wrong options, and select fixed performance options... it can be a question of trying different options till you get the correct ones...)

you can also download a new version of your graphics card drivers (www.ati.com or www.nvidia.com)... maybe it will be able to determine your GC model more accurately and set for you optimized options

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him

• My video card is ATI Radeon X1650 512MB , I've switched her drivers(original one who running with the disk, and even a new ones , but again is making this problem), Thank you a lot guys, I'll try your ways today after school^^

My new drivers on my video at the moment are --> 8-9_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_68898

• Go to this link http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.HTML and check ur driver version. They are have a new version every 2-3 month.

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein