wii lan adapter

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by privateer.

• try the modem's manufacturer's website (in particular the forum) or the modem's User Guide [english]

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• if your router acts as a 'DHCP Server' it will automatically generate an IP for the Wii, If it does not, you will need to enter a new IP into the Wii via the connection menu.

Btw, i warn you - the wii will take ages downloading updates on its first use ^^

• DHCP is an abreviation so i assume there is no special other abrev. in dutch...

Normally if you use a router you only need to plug your Wii to your router the access should be granted as long you dont have extra security setting enabled in your router...

Downloading of updates should be possible to cancel...
    BTW isn't there anything in the Wii manual?
    much luck m8, you get it soon i trust you

• In order to use the Wii online you need all the updates :( took me 1.5hrs on 500kb/s to download all)

• Ha i got it, Wii doesnt work with modem, coz Wii has not the right protocol installed to use it with modems. so you can only use the Wii with a router...

• m8, section 5.6 of the manual. it does work, u simply have to set all required configs - as blaster suggested DHCP.

also, take a look at wii manual.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po

• can u b more specific, what kind of error message u're getting?

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po

• Wireless is the best way with the Wii and as already stated with connection and updates only takes 10 to 15 mins unless you have a really really slow inet connection:)

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• i need the port adres where the wii conect too

Allowing TCP and UDP Traffic:
    The Wii console may require unrestricted access to several sites across various ports and protocols to function correctly. These addresses and ports vary, and may change in the future without notice. Many software firewalls restrict outbound access. Only if your firewall blocks outbound traffic do you need to enable this traffic:

TCP:
    Allow traffic to all destinations on ports: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443

finaly got it to work thx all for the info