Compare to Freelancer

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by RGHawk2000.

• This may not be the right place for questions about whether to buy the game or not, but what I want to know is; how does Spaceforce Rogue Universe compare to Freelancer? Is it as open ended in terms of allowing players to chart their own course, pick ships, weapons, take paying missions, etc?
    Is there a storyline of plot missions? Are they interactive?
    Does the game end when the storyline is complete, as the old Wing Commander games did, or is it more like Privateer and Freelancer?

Your responses (or lack thereof) will help me decide wether to buy it and try it or not.

Thanks in advance

Titan Addict
    formerly known as IOC LevArris

• Sorry for late reply hehe; its vacation time.

Well frist of all;

Its Both openended and story game, cause in fact you have both types of games to choose...so you can play the story and then begin an open ended game too.

You can buy diff ships (all of em are figthers, no traders ships) and there are different types of shields; weapons; and so...but it is different from FL cause you can buy a weapon but you will have to improve it by mining asteroids and getting materials. With the materials you will be able to create improvement for the weapons you have; and not only the weapons but the shields; speed; hull; missles; and more things.

Mining will be a main part of the game as you can also trade with the materials you get... and you have stores in the space to let your cargo...

You can use Joystick.

Its definitly different from FL but for the price i think it does worth it, dont forget to update the 1.1patch, you have the link here in the forum.

I hope i helped!!! [2]

• Thanks Damian. I got a new Logitech Extreme 3dPro Joystick for Christmas, so I guess I'll read the tutorial and give the demo a shot.

• Well, it is not the real Joystick feel like JumpGate, or Independence War 2: Edge of Chaor. It is more like a freelancer with a joystick and we know that doesnt work very well. I know this thread is old but since I tried the game I wanted to give my input: few words, no good enough

[4] Don't argue, [3] Just do it