Making Guns and Turrets require Ammunition

• STEP ONE:

Open up this file: DATA/Constants.ini

and add this line under the first [constants entry.
    MAX_PLAYER_AMMO = 500

500 being the max amount of ammo you wish, 500 seems the best for me, but you may want to change that.

Save that file and close it, thats all we need to bother about with that file.

STEP TWO:

The next step is to make each gun require ammo to fire. Note that once you pass this phase you won't be able to play FL properly until you finish the mod. You can still play, but NPCs' won't be able to shoot.

Heres what you do,

Find: DATA/EQUIPMENT/weapon_equip.ini
    make a copy of this file first, this is important for quickly reverting your files if you mess up. Now open the original file and do the following:

This is prob'ly the easiest part, if you are using Notepad, that is.
    Open the 'replace' function (ctrl+h in notepad) and set the function to search for
    "requires_ammo = false"
    and the replace to
    "requires_ammo = true"
    (without the quotes of course)
    Now click Replace All.

Now, I decided I didn't want my stations and battleships to have ammunition, its just not practical, since they wouldn't restock.
    So, still in the same file, find every entry with a gun that contains an entry with one of the following:
    Battleship
    Cruiser
    Prison
    Destroyer
    Gunboat
    Transport
    Train
    Miner
    Lifter
    Repair
    Liner
    Station

These all are NPC guns and you won't be using them, so its a good idea to leave them out. Change their requires_ammo = true back to requires_ammo = false.

STEP THREE

Ok, heres the part that took me a long time. This part is where you make each of the Ammunitions for the gun into their own good, so you can actually buy them. Now THIS is going to take a few posts, I was thinking of making you do it yourself, but that would defeat the purpose of this time-saving tutorial.

Open: DATA/EQUIPMENT/weapon_good.ini

With Vanilla FL, Replace the following in your weapon_good.ini