Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

• Hello all, I just downloaded Crossfire 1.7 for the first time, and after struggling a bit, finally got it to work by launching Freelancer Mod Manager 1.31 as the Administrator. But now I have another problem. In game, my mouse experiences 1) slight lag, and 2) extreme sensitivity in the flight controls. This makes enemy ships almost impossible to target and hit, causes dogfights to last forever, and pretty much cripples the mod experience, since space fights are such an integral part of Freelan…
  • Thanks Michael, that's helpful info. And actually I was mistaken: I did download/activate version 1.82, not 1.7. I don't think problem #1 that you mentioned is mine, since the cursor wasn't jumping around. It seemed to be, rather, a slight delay between the time I moved the mouse and when the cursor moved. Now, I re-installed everything to try again: meaning, I de-activated CF, uninstalled Freelancer, reinstalled Freelancer, and re-activated CF. This time, during the reactivation of CF I chose …
  • (Quote from Michael)The Task Manager said that CPU usage was around 14% while the mod was running. RAM was about 50%. I didn't have any other programs running in the background, at least none that I'm aware of; not Skype, or IM, or any application running. My power setting is set to High Performance. I tried again and focused more on what was making flight control so much more touchy than normal Freelancer, and now I think it's not necessarily lag so much as that the ship actually turns too qui…
  • (Quote from Michael)Haha, well it's not like I'm a total noob or anything (nor that I'm some ace); I did complete the vanilla SP campaign quite competently. But I was not expecting CF to intentionally deviate from the absolutely pitch-perfect control scheme of vanilla Freelancer. I've replayed the first CF mission a few times now, and however much I try to compensate for the ship wanting to jump and swivel at lightspeed (figuratively) all over the place by moving the cursor more carefully, it's…
  • But do you know anything about the bug where the mod won't register completion of the first mission? Has anyone else reported that, are there certain conditions that might cause it? It's happened every time I have played so far, and obviously if I can't get past or fix it, then the mod is useless to me. Which would be a pity, since it's looks beautiful and very awesome in every other way.
  • Okay, so I did reinstall everything, and that seems to have solved the bug. I'll continue to try out the mod, although it's not as fun when even a simple dogfight with 4 or 5 enemies takes 15+ minutes simply because you're fighting to steady your ship all the time. Oh well -- if I can't get used to it, then no matter, there are other mods to try. Thanks for the help, though. I appreciate it!