Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

• At NASA Planetary Science: Vision 2050 Jim Green, NASA's Planetary Science Division Director presented the idea of""A Future Mars Environment for Science and Exploration," Green discussed launching a "magnetic shield" to a stable orbit between Mars and the sun, called Mars L1, to shield the planet from high-energy solar particles. The shield structure would consist of a large dipole—a closed electric circuit powerful enough to generate an artificial magnetic field." Watch at NASA Planetary Scie…
  • I am sure that superconductors works great at that temperature. And if it's possible to use solar sails (photon sails) as propulsion, it is probably possible to build a photon turbine. Or just use solar panels, there's plenty of space out there.The same could be used to deliver power to Earth. I have absolutely no idea about how much energy is needed for this electro-magnet. Maybe it can be combined with magnetic metals, mined in Kuiber belt
  • Temperature is an issue which needs attention by scientists. But we do know that liquid helium/nitrogen are very good at cooling. About Superconductors we are moving in the right theoretical direction according to:Superconductivity and magnetism in harmony - physicsworld.comIntertwining of superconductivity and magnetismSuperconducting magnet - Wikipedia My points are: Think Big, Start Small - and heading away from Earth