Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

• Couldn't this datastorm thing be cheating somehow, as it can give players an unfair advantage over others? That reminds me, earlier, some guy named Marsupio in my group started using something similar. He called it explorer or something like that, said some stuff about laying out a network to see that the altair systems were on top of sol on the nav map, finding an admin system above a certain planet, etc. I am posting this to inquire as to if these people are subject to termination by anyone, …
  • Sorry, I did not know. Next time, please state that you play SP in this thread.
  • Damn. So, server police can do nothing, but if some guy blabs about it, can we take him down?
  • [/QUOTE] Umm, well Datastorm cant be detected by the server and works outside of it, so no way of ppl knowing it. About Freelancer Explorer, better b carefull using that , it's a tool made to create and alter systems, dont go moving planets around because u might endup getting banned.[/QUOTE] So, a player using Datastorm won't get kicked by the server for cheating? So the only way we can tell is if a relativley new player makes a direct beeline to hidden jump holes, etc.
  • So, there is no sure way to tell if a player is using one of these tools, except get chummy with the guy and pray he brags about his MadZ SKILllz. Can't wait to start [doom]
  • (Quote) Well, whenever you ask someone, there is always the chance the person will tell you to get lost, but datastorm gives results every time, except for some exceptions I heard about. What annoyed me the most about the guy that was using this online was that he kept on acting like he was more experienced the Newpol or myself just because he could find anything without so much as having asked someone.