Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

• (Quote) Since you asked so nicely, Michael, I gave it a try. But I had the same problem as FL_Freak: The Crossfire server cannot be selected from the list of servers. If I filter out "incompatible builds", then the Crossfire server does not show up on the list at all. This is with a straight, clean, updated, Crossfire installation.
  • (Quote) I appreciate your help, Michael. But what "new" version? Do you mean the new version that OP said that he was working on for a few days and then, instead of announcing it, he said that he was "definitely not going to post a new version" because everything could be done through the launcher? Ok, Ok... so I see that there really IS a new version in the Downloads area but, seriously, how would anyone trying to follow the Crossfire beta know that? The following is not directed at you, Micha…
  • I think that we are mostly in agreement, Michael. Let's see whether we can fine-tune the thoughts a little, ok?: (Quote) The above is an example of what I meant about using references or pointers to other threads and messages. When you provide a link to the threads that you discuss, then a statement such as yours is helpful. Without the link, it just appears as though you are being defensive without having an actual point. I'm not trying to be difficult... just hear me out: I only see one threa…
  • (Quote) Good points, I-am-D. As Synkron points out, the motivation behind creating Crossfire was MP. On the other hand, the download statistics suggest that there are many more SP players -- like ten to one hundred times more SP players. Does it really matter who plays SP or MP? There is room in the world for both kinds of players. SP and MP are very different games. To say one is "better" than the other is like saying that apples are better than oranges. They are, simply, different. Sure, nobo…
  • (Quote) What "meeting", OP? Did I miss a community meeting, or was it a private meeting only for the people working on Crossfire? I saw your post that looked like "minutes" of a meeting, but the meeting itself appeared to be private. If so, that's fine... I am just asking. I would participate in a public meeting if I knew about it ahead of time.