Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

• So the rumours appear true, no offline mode for those that wanted it. Going back on their original promise as quoted here from the latest newsletter #49, "Galaxy, story, missions, have to match, and it does mean the single player has to connect to the server from time to time, but this has the added advantage that everyone can participate in the activities that can happen in the galaxy. A fully offline experience would be unacceptably limited and static compared to the dynamic, ever unfolding e…
  • I think the point being made atm is the fact you have to have a connection to get the regular galactic updates from within the game. It won't be possible to play it completely offline like say FL where you have fully singleplayer and then a multiplayer option. This most definitely goes against one of their original promises, as mentioned before i don't care either way but i know it's going to upset a few players that's for sure
  • Yeah, it's not going down too well on the official forums lol. Tbh, i don't understand the issue, lots of pissed off old men with beards if you ask me
  • Over 460 pages of complaints so far on the official forum. Most are asking for their money back which i find a bit surprising, but then these are the ones claiming they have been cheated and lied to. I can kind of see both sides here as offline mode was promised from the start and it's been snatched away from them
  • Totally agree. I mean it's not that hard to make things SP, i'm sure some content can be sacrificed for this mode to happen. I'm almost sure FD will make it happen due to the sheer volume of complaints, and the bad reputation that they will get because of it, will probably make them change their minds.
  • Seems David Braben has answered the criticism leveled at the no offline saga, David Braben responds to outcry over Elite: Dangerous' ditched offline mode ⢠Eurogamer.net
  • DB certainly ducking some of the main questions and yes, they will lose some money from certain players who will no doubt ask for a refund. The kickstarter campaign grossed over £3.6 million but i doubt a few thousand refunds will make a huge impact. I supported the project from the start so i'm in for the long haul, but i also find it frustrating that when i travel abroad, sometimes it would be nice to play ED on the go, but then this is why i have Freelancer installed on my laptop, perfect for…
  • (Quote from ramses) Killed it for you? Unless you live on a rock in the middle of the ocean, most people have a decent connection these days. Yes i agree that if something is promised it should be delivered, especially when the fans for the most part have supplied the cash for the game in the first place. I also appreciate that when something like this option is not delivered, it can be annoying. That said, nothing stopping you playing it in a private group of 1, or playing it in online/singlep…
  • I still don't get it regarding the connection speed side of things. I have an appalling connection due to where i live atm, yet i can still connect without problems to ED. I guess if you are after a completely offline experience then yes, ED doesn't support it, which it should i agree but obviously doesn't. I have a lovely new pc as well but it's let down by my connection issues a lot. That said, the game is still very playable.
  • To be fair i don't think you'll get much joy with Star Citizen either. Since the decision to go procedurally generated, not to mention the size of the whole game, i can see that being online only as well. I understand what you mean about playing it in a hotel or similar, this is why i take Freelancer along with me on my laptop as well, only difference is i play my mod instead lol. As to bigger games to play, they have to wait until i get home.