Search Results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

• Surprised there are no megathreads for feedback. Some intial newbie thoughts. -The 'rules' banner in New York is really not necessary. Considering how few people are playing and to attract more players, it may be wise to just stick a ReadMe in the CrossFire directory (or the launcher) and have the players agree to it before launching MultiPlayer each time. The current placement & implementation of the 'rules' banner creates quite a negative and sour impression of the mod itself. It is even pres…
  • The announcements are not once an hour. The announcements (various ones) are about every 10 mins or so. It seriously detracts from the player experience, especially in combat. Even in most F2P games, I don't get a pop up announcement every 10 mins. And when I do, I don't tend to stay for long. You mentioned you put that rules banner there for a reason, so perhaps an announcement banner can also be placed there for these repeating announcements (or add it to the rules banner) instead.There shoul…
  • I've been very polite/neutral in my tone. The only harsh criticism that I have is the constant chat-blurb announcements every ~10 mins or so. As I stated before, they seriously detract from the player experience. Just because all of ~10 people that actually play on CrossFire are ok with it doesn't mean that it isn't something that could be changed. As far as the other stuff, it is the title of this thread: Feedback. Good feedback includes both positivity and criticism and that is what I feel I'…
  • (Quote)First thread is a gushing thread with a handful of posts. Other 2 threads are completely unreleated to multiplayer and are therefore irrelevant. (Quote)OPR8R specfically stated it isn't present in SP. A reinstall of the mod fixed the issue I was having on my end with that part. That's fine.They don't wish to remove it from MP and they've stated they want to keep it to make sure people know the rules. That's also fine. I have no issues with it. (Quote)Whenever you begin a sentence with 'i…
  • The previews for the various characters, audio, and cursors is missing from the usual post. Might be nice to update that so people can preview them before installing the CrossFire v2.0 mod.
  • Not sure where the like button is, but tyvm Wanderer
  • Noticed something very odd. All 3 of these are VHFs (Very Heavy Fighters). Key word on 'heavy'. Eagle - 9900 armor; 140 massSabre - 10800 armor; 65 massTitan - 12600 armor; 140 mass Some of these numbers seem off, unless the 'mass' doesn't have as much to do with maneuverability as I thought.But what seems wierd is that it seems the Eagle & Saber mass values should be switched. Maybe even the Titan with additional +10 mass (150 mass) instead of 140. If anyone can compare these two fighters in-g…
  • --My Install Guide & NPC AI Suggestion-- MF, tyvm for updating/improving the installation guides.I've put a detailed install guide of my own on PasteBin. Hopefully it helps people. Only thing I left out is the stuff to reactivate UAC and Antivirus/Security stuff. Hopefully people can use common sense to figure that one out I made another suggestion here regarding NPCs. Maybe it can be looked into sometime.
  • --AutoFail Missions Removal--I'd love to see this become standard for the default CrossFire install, maybe for v2.1 perhapsI can upload my files here if it is permitted to do so. I removed all of the fail points including the 60-second timer failpoints if you don't immediately do something in a mission.I figured I'd share this tip since this only affects single player story missions and doesn't touch MP at all. Make sure the game & launcher are closed before doing this. (Quote from DarkWraith00…
  • I enjoy hearing the 'nags' from King and Juni when I remove the fail states. There are several different nags that the player will never hear unless they do this tweak (which is unusual & awesome at the same time). I have the edited .ini files ready to go but need to confirm that it is ok to upload them here before doing so.
  • If you happen to know my (old and obsolete) IP then congrats. A simple modem offline & reboot always gets me a new IP every time. Useless for you.If you happen to know my ISP and the (general) location near a major city, good luck with finding a needle in a haystack Since you want to threaten me with malware, let's go tit for tat then. Whois swat-portal.com Registrar Abuse Contact Email: email@1and1.comRegistrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8774612631 Registrant Name: Chris MascherRegistrant Street:…