Search Results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

• Awesome work as usual OP! Definitely looking forward to more information as it comes about this. This could finally be a true successor to Freelancer yet. Why not just call it Galaxylancer? Set it in a universe where you can explore far beyond the Milky Way and it's star systems, like visiting the other Dom's star systems in the the Triangulum, Andromeda, Large & Small Magellanic Cloud galaxies and maybe even the Sculptor galaxy. This would mean many many many, star systems that would have to b…
  • (Quote from Vishnu)That's why the name and any assets related to Freelancer that can be traced to it must be changed in the final released version, of which I'm sure OP has already taken into account. So far, it's a good WIP. IMHO this could be the only way Freelancer will survive, if this new engine is open-source and is much friendlier to modders if it can reuse the Freelancer assets and file structure.
  • I'm sad to say, don't hold your breath OP... Creating a new open-sourced engine that can accept file assets and data from Freelancer's engine/kernel is IMHO the only way to circumvent M$'s bull-headed foolishness in refusing to release the FL source code. As long as the data cannot be traced back to Microsoft's IP, they can't do anything in a court of law, in the US or abroad. A brilliant solution IMHO and my hat's off to you! Besides, the less M$ has to do with this game in the future, the bet…
  • I completely understand Vishnu... If I didn't have a buttload of work at my job right now, a gigging band and just crap in general going on in my life right now, I'd enjoy the opportunity to help. My CAD skills allows me to do solid modeling of just about anything and I know you guys can always use more modelers. Regardless, if you guys advertise you're hiring in the right places and to the right people with this new open-source FL based space sim engine... "If you build it, they will come." MO…