Search Results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

• Alright with the coming advent of cloaking, I've come up with some ideas to help prevent abuse of this technology, in spite of OP putting in a "safeguard" of using energy crystals to limit it's usefulness. This is merely a suggestion and some ideas to toss around, so take it for what you will. I dunno exactly if they are implementable in the FL engine, aside from cloaking. Take note, all of these devices can be limited as the cloak in that it's power source will be fueled also by energy crystal…
  • What if the ECM hardware is rather expensive or difficult to find? That way, not everyone will get it, at least initially. Think of it as a game of rock/paper/scissors. If you are running a cloak module and a ecm jammer at the same time, they wont' know you're coming, period. Even then, if they are running a de-cloaker probe, they still won't find you until you get into visual range, of which will be difficult since they cannot use the scanner to locate and lock-in your exact position.
  • Actually we have those already Altair, the existing counter measures dropper acts kinda more like a flare, but it does the same thing. The ECM JAMMER will jam all scanners to where you CANNOT pick them up on scanner what so ever, but you could still get a visual of them when they come into range. Therefore, if you can't get target acquisition with your crossairs and lock onto a target, you cannot get a missile lock period, you'd have to use "iron sights" (i.e. your crossairs) for both your guns…
  • D0h! Well, thanks for considering the ideas at least OP... By the way here are some more "stipulations" with the new ECM suites: When in radioactive zones or in nebula, they will interfere with and therefore disable the ECM suites while in those locations. Just like in most sci-fi movies (Star Trek) anytime they got near a nebula, their sensors were worthless and the Klingon's cloaking were worthless.