Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

• I found the crossfire mod on the internet and wanted to check it out, seeing as I loved playing freelancer. The thing is, I followed all the instructions and installed everything correctly (Crossfire v1.7 mod but didnt install the 1.7a patch) and the multiplayer button was there. When I clicked on it, it went into the game and told me "invalid account......." and then exists to desktop. So what I tried was installing the game clean (without mod) and went into game so that it generates a Multipl…
  • I'll try to install 1.7a. I already reinstalled the whole game + mod 4 times, with same problem. There shouldn't be anything wrong with FLMM, got new version and installed correctly, and it "said" that it installed the mod correctly. But I'll make sure of the settings, cause it's a lot less work reinstalling FLMM than freelancer + mod. Any idea why a clean install + mod (without 1.7a)gives the error "invalid account...." ?
  • (Quote) 1. The regular Singleplayer I haven't tried yet, will do that when i get home from work. 2.The client breaks and doesnt respond, and i can't alt-tab to it because it isn't included in the available programs list. The game only crashes to the desktop when I'm logged into the game server. The game works fine while i'm still in the menu of freelancer, where it shows "options", "multiplayer" etc. 3. MY computer is recently completely upgraded, thus I had to install XP SP2 (with updates up a…
  • (Quote) Ok, what i did was this: 1. Uninstalled and deleted EVERYTHING.2. Installed FLMM 1.313. Installed Crossfire 1.7 mod into FLMM4. Installed Freelancer4.1 Launched the game, clicked on multiplayer (in order to get MP-ID) then exited, leaving everything else untouched.4.2 Doubled clicked on registry backup of my previous MP-ID (already registered account on server last time, and want to keep character)5.activated mod in FLMM (successful)6.Started launcher (failed because of dll)6.1 Used reg…
  • Thx guys, not sure if it was the hotfix that I installed (as all the steps that i should have followed in that thread was already done on the pc, so i must gotten the patch as part of the XP installation) or that I restarted after installing a vanilla freelancer that fixed it, but now it seems to run stable. I had some problems with the launcher throwing E11 and E12 errors, but after a few restarts, it managed to download all files correctly. I also found an easier way to get the game up and ru…
  • (Quote) I understand completely, I'm not making it public, cause it's only for people at a LAN, and given that A LOT of people play COD4, CSS, and DotA at the lan ONLY, I would be surprised if I'm able to get 20 people. The reason why I'm providing the game this way for some, is because where I'm from (South Africa) not everyone has ADSL, and those that have, have a crap connection, so won't spend time or effort trying to get the game to work. And seeing as we pay a hell of a lot for CAP each m…
  • (Quote) I don't want the server version, seeing as it is OP's hard work, and shouldn't be made public, and there is no point in running a FL server once a month at a lan, and I think that it should stay online, in order to grow. Thx again for your guys' help, keep on gaming