Search Results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

• I'll post some pictures of various Sim Cities i've built. My Largest City is pushing 250k people
  • for 100k people, the city doesn't need to be "big" A common example of a "future" city is what i call the "Bullseye" city, The inner circle would be residentially zoned, commercial would be a center ring and the outer ring zoned for industrial purposes. Waste Management would run under the city matching the zones above them and ultimately will recycle into energy or other resources (you can turn poop into fuel and piss into water for example). Energy would be supplied through clean methods such…
  • You can still have Solar Panels or Wind turbines on the surface. You'd have to build the base pretty far down to start hitting geothermal vents. And if you got that far, you'd have to build the plant Underground is an decent concept, But i don't think the construction as well as the upkeep (waste removal, air and water circulation and recycling processes) would make the base unsustainable for a large population (100k+) Now, if they were built as modules, that is, smaller sections with a mile or…
  • Did the Mexicans pay for that wall?
  • I meant did they pay for that Wall of Text? I was trying to make a funny. How do you think we could get cloud cities? Would we have to solve the secrets of gravity or figure out some renewable/infinite energy source?
  • it happens *shrugs*
  • I think you have a lot of good ideas. It seems like you are using modern technology to create said "city of the future" but i think if we are thinking "future" here, i think it would be safe to assume we are devoting time and money into (what i call) Sci-Fi Science. NASA had a few projects going about a decade back that i believe would have led to intersteller travel within the next 50 years. Some of these solutions are really good, but given the theme of "the future" i think we could enhance u…
  • I think it's most important we start heading for the stars. Even if we build most self-sufficient major metropolitan area, eventually we'll run out of room. Then we'll turn to the Moon. Then we'll run out of room on the Moon. Then Mars. Then Mars declares Independence. Then a war breaks out. Then the plot of The Expanse.... Actually i'd be totally okay with that... However i think mother nature might not approve if we colonize her vast oceans. Surface dwellings are susceptible to "climate chang…