Search Results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

• Still getting E000000E6 Error Copy. It appears as if the launcher downloads files as if it were working right, and the last step comes up with the red error message). I went through all the installation steps very carefully (as administrator, etc.). Running Windows 7 ultimate, 64-bit.
  • No dice, sorry. One issue is that the read-only setting keeps coming back. Another is that some Windows advice sites say that the flag has no actual effect (or else I should be removing the flag for just about any program doing writes). I have administrator privileges everywhere. Anything about the compatibility issues perhaps? I have plenty of other games on the drive and none of these difficulties with them.
  • Sure, I did that through the whole installation (mod manager included), and even if the icon's properties setting says "Run as administrator" I still right-click and run as administrator to make sure. I just don't think this is my problem. In the compatibility tab I have the boxes "disable desktop composition" (it was on by default) and "run as administrator" checked. By chance does the launcher expect the files to be on disk C:? I have the whole thing installed on H: (and the Crossfire install…
  • Thank you PVGoran -- the read-only boxes have always only been "checked and grayed", and after unchecking, hitting "apply" (and choosing the recursive "subdirectory" option), and doing it for the entire Freelancer directory, I am still getting the Error Copy E6 (for both single and multi-player updates). Disappointing, I know (and the grayed checkbox is back anyways). I get different behavior if I use the "troubleshoot compatibility" option from the icon's right-click menu. Its "recommended opt…
  • Yes I do (UAC), as I always thought it unwise to disable. But I may try later, need to go to work now (ack, real life UPDATE: I tried disabling UAC (all the way down, rebooted, etc.), and got exactly the same error codes. Sigh.
  • Silverfox, here are the folder sizes: Freelancer: 7.61 GB (8,181,564,114 bytes) On disk: 7.65 GB (8,221,310,976 bytes) Contains: 17,579 Files, 864 Folders Freelancer/EXE: 112 MB (117,861,312 bytes) On disk: 113 MB (118,501,376 bytes) Contains: 314 Files, 10 Folders Hope this helps, and I can check other directories if needed, of course.
  • (Quote from SilverFox) I have the exact same size as Silverfox in my FLMM directory, so what does this mean? Possibly I can try to wipe Freelancer, reinstall again, and try to activate the mod again? I am using the original Freelancer CD and install it without patches, so I can't see where the changes come from. At least it seems good news that the data for the FLMM directory is the same.
  • This is getting weird. I no longer have the zip. Unzipped, the Crossfire20setup directory is size: 2.69 GB (2,894,979,559 bytes)on disk: 2.69 GB (2,894,991,360 bytes)
  • Where do all these small variations come from if we all use the same installation files? (I assume the same Crossfire+FLMM file from this site, and the same original Freelancer). Will try again tomorrow. Too bad, I've been looking so long for this release!
  • (update) I have never been able to play due to the "Error Copy" in the launcher. I emailed the TC to see if he has found a fix but he never replied. An update, however, is that today I noticed that the launcher self-updated first, and then upon trying to download the game update the error message changed code: ERROR COPY [E0000029D] (shown after the progress bar indicated the download of 5/5 files) This happens when hitting both the single- and multi-player buttons. In case this helps please le…
  • The launcher for Single-Player appears to download 5 files and then gives me the error. Would it e possible to know which are those files, so I can check if they exist in the directory or not? I have tried applying all the cautionary steps, including those in Running Microsoft Freelancer on Windows 7, to no avail. (I should add that vanilla Freelancer works fine).
  • One of the things I did, to make sure that both Freelancer and FLMM's directories are excluded from scanning (I even checked if anything had been quarantined, and nothing did) -- and this before even starting the installation.