Search Results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

• Sorry for playing the part of the Threadmancer and raising a dead post, but I just tought I needed to post here. Back in the day I worked with Chips on a mod called Evolution. The problem in that mod being, Capital ship pilots were a minority compared to fighter jocks. Granted back in the day of flaming when this thread was opened Sona's approach was less than subtle, someone responded with "Well then don't buy capships" which I find rather insulting. As a capital ship pilot myself, I find they…
  • Well, unfortunately I can't actually get to the main load screen to disable 3D sound... is there another way? It crashes before I can get to it... Clean Install of Freelancer (deleted the directory completely) Clean Install of FLMM 3.1 (deleted the directory completely) I don't imagine there were any savegames left, then again, I've never saved a game since I never play single-player on the desktop. It crashes before I can get to 3D sound... Should I not mess with any of the options it gives me…
  • What do you want me to say? Anything in support of capital vessels is something I'm for. It frustrates me when fighter-jock purists bother including capital vessels in a game just to have them for target practice... just to make supporting elements (cooperative players) feel like crap... it's Counter-Strike or Tribes II for Freelancer... enhance the lone hero syndrome and deny elemnts to enhance cooperative play. In the mod I'm with, it takes at least a few fighters with bomber support to destr…
  • (Quote) I'm well aware of skill and obviously there's a varying perspective on "skill". That aside, if I can ever manage to get the mod working, I'd very much like to see this skill of yours. It'll open my eyes to one of two things... either your "extreme skill" or a flaw of favoritism in the balancing. Either way, I have no complaints, you've made your point that you don't like the capital vessels early on; I'm just a curious individual.