Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

• I only discovered Crossfire two or three weeks ago. Today I entered Sol for the first time. Damn that's impressive! Took me awhile to get from Pluto to Earth. (Is there a trade lane in our future?) That feels like outer space. The way the sun slowly fills the screen and all; like nothing else I have seen in Freelancer. Op, you did an excellent job there!
  • Yes, I missed seeing that Warp gate on my scanners, and cruised all the way in past the giant planets. (I stepped away and left the ship free to cruise on its own for ten or twenty minutes, checking back every few minutes or so.) But there was something impressive about coming in slow, that really drove home the scale of the solar system. And the way the sun kept getting bigger and bigger.... It is done very well. It has a reality -- there's a different feel to the "fabric" -- that sets it apar…
  • Your three VHF's listed above seem fine. I tried that F-190 Malice (also known as F-190 Dagger) and found it to be quite agile for a ship with such a high hull rating. It's not a bad looking ship, either. Four Class 10 mounts and two Class 9 mounts, but no turret -- I guess that's the trade-off for having very good hull strength <i>and</i> agility. Seems fair to me. As members have mentioned in several other posts, most of the VHF's will give you a fighting chance, although some might tend to b…